1.2

— October 24th —
❁ Lila's Point Of View ❁

The flight to Philly was absolutely dreadful. I was beyond tired and we still had an hour to go. The luxurious thing about being a part of sports business is that you get to travel on private planes which is a bonus. No crying babies and no old guys who snore louder than a motor boat.

All of the boys were sitting at one of the tables that was placed in the plane. I walked over and stood, watching them play a game of Cards Against Humanity. Nolan looked up from his hand of cards and motioned for me to come over and sit with him. I felt Taylor's gaze on me as I walked over to sit next to Nolan. Taylor used to be one of my best friends but then he kept hitting on me and he tried to kiss me when I wasn't in the right state of mind.

As if it was instinct, Nolan wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him. I rested my chin on his shoulder and looked at the cards in his hand as butterflies erupted in my stomach. If he could make me so nervous and giddy around him now what would happened when we actually started to date?

"How's the hangover, Pats?" Travis asked with a smirk and Nolan glared over at him.

"I can't even tell you that last time I drank so much," Nolan said and placed one of his cards down. I closed my eyes as I attempted to try and get some sleep. I knew my blood sugar being low was the cause of my sudden drowsiness.

"He had girls over him all night, that's why. Right Pats?" I heard Taylor say and I opened my eyes to glare at him. He's just trying to get under your skin, Lila. I thought, but it still hurt thinking of Nolan with another girl.

I lifted my head off of Nolan's shoulder. "I'm gonna go take a nap, guys. Wake me up when we land please," I said and got up and headed towards the front of the plane and sat down in one of the seats.

I reclined the chair as far back as it could go and closed my eyes in attempts to go to sleep. As I was drifting off I felt the familiar gesture of someone running their hand through my hair. Nolan. My eyes fluttered open to see him with a sad smile on his face.

"Listen Nol, we aren't dating. I don't care what you do with other girls because technically speaking you don't have to be loyal. I'm just really tired, my blood sugar hasn't been good recently." I said and he just stared at me. "Go back to the boys, it's fine."

"None of that happened Lila. There were barely any girls at the bar last night, it's literally the middle of the week. But trust me even if there were I wouldn't even think about being near them. You're the one I want."

I smiled at Nolan as a blush crept onto my cheeks. He really had a way with words, how did he not have a girlfriend?

Another hour later I was being woken up by Claude since the plane had landed. We all walked off and got our luggage. I walked over to Travis who was with Shayne.

"Trav, can we go to the doctor's when we get home? I'm really worried about this," I said quietly and he nodded. I began walking again but I felt my hand get grabbed and I turned to see Nolan.

"So, how about that date tonight?" He asked with a smile. I grinned at him and looked down at our intertwined hands.

"I would like that a lot," I said and we walked out to the front of the airport to wait for the rest of the crew. Once everyone was out we said our goodbyes before all separating.

I got into Travis' car with him and he drove in the opposite direction of our house. "Travis where are we going?" I asked.

"We're heading right to the doctor's," He said and a few minutes later pulled into the doctor's office. I sighed and we walked in and I signed myself in. I got my phone out and texted Nolan.

travis took me to the dr's, help please

2nd overall bitch: it's gonna be okay lils. clearly it can't be too bad.

im just worried, that's all. what if something is really wrong?

2nd overall bitch: it's going to be okay trust me. if anything happens just text me and I'll be right there

thank you nolan.

2nd overall bitch: anytime lila

"Lila Konecny?" A nurse in purple scrubs asked as she poked her head out of the door. I stood up and Travis followed me back into the hallway. She lead us into a room and checked my temperature and then moved to my blood pressure. "That's... odd," she said and furrowed her eyebrows. "It's oddly high. We have you down that you're diabetic, Lila, but this is strange."

"My blood sugar has been really bad recently. I'm eating foods that should be causing my blood sugar to skyrocket but it's still low," I said and she nodded before going to grab a doctor. "Travis this is bad. Really bad."

"It's okay Lils," He said as the nurse came in once again but this time with a a doctor behind her.

"Miss Konecny, are you on any medications currently? Anything to increase your insulin production?" He asked and I shook my head. "Alright. We're gonna prescribe you some medications to try and regulate your blood sugar."

I nodded and he wrote something down on the pieces of paper you use to prescribe medications. He handed it to me and gave me a small smile.

I thanked him and Travis and I left. Letting out a groan of frustration I sat down in the passenger's seat as Travis started to drive. He drove to a Walgreens and dropped off my prescription. My phone buzzed and I turned it on to see another text from Nolan.

2nd overall bitch: everything okay?

medications. three of them.

2nd overall bitch: I'm gonna be over in an hour, be ready

I smiled at my phone as Travis pulled into the driveway of our house.

"What's got you so smiley?" He asked as we walked into the house.

"I think Nolan and I are about to go on our date."

❁ ❁ ❁

short because next chapter is a big one. not only is the date going to be in there but so is another thing. any guesses?