2.4

— December 1st —

chapter twenty-four the one where lila gets bad news

It felt like I was under water. I couldn't hear anything and everything was fuzzy. Nolan had arrived and looked just as panicked as Travis. He knelt down in front of me but I couldn't make out what he was saying due to how much I was crying.

I was finally skating again. And now it's gone.

Nolan said something to Taylor who let me go. Nolan wrapped his arms under my body, one of his arms wrapping under my legs.

"Nolan, Nolan, Nolan it hurts!" I cried out as he picked me up. He skated quickly off of the ice and went into one of the locker rooms. He set me down on the bench and took my skates off followed by taking his own off. Travis came into the room as did Ivan.

"I'm gonna run out to start my car to warm it up. Meet us out there," Travis said and Nolan nodded as he tied his shoes. He picked me up once again and sped walked out to Travis' car.

"It hurts," I cried into Nolan's chest as I clutched onto him. He sighed.

"I know baby, I know."

He set me down in the backseat sideways and sat down next to me, laying my head on his lap. His fingers combed through my hair as Travis drove to the hospital as quickly as he could.

The drive felt like hours but I knew it was only a few minutes. Nolan picked me up once again and I rested my head on his chest as I kept my eyes closed. I steadied my shaky breathing as the boys talked to the woman at the desk. A few minutes later a man came out with a wheel chair and Nolan put me down for me to sit.

The x-rays seemed endless but eventually I was put into a room in the emergency room where I was given an IV. A few minutes later Ivan, Travis and Nolan came in.

"How're you feeling?" Travis asked and I glared at him. How would he think I would be feeling? "Okay, or not."

"Trav, you heard the doctors last time I got hurt. The chances of me being able to skate, play hockey, or even walk correctly is really slim. What if this is it?" I asked and the Doctor walked in holding a manila folder.

"Miss Konecny, I have good news and bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?" He asked and pulled a chair up to sit next to the bed. I worriedly glanced over at Nolan who grabbed my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles reassuringly.

"Um... bad." I said quietly. The glasses on the crown of his head were slid down to the bridge of his nose as he examined the paperwork.

"Well, you got lucky. You only tore one ligament in your knee. But the bad news is that you're going to have to get surgery to repair it. The ligament is completely torn in half so there's no possible way to let it heal on its own. We're going to start prepping you in a few minutes," He spoke and I felt my heart rate increase. This was going to be awful.

Out of all the times I had gotten injured I was never put into surgery right away. 

-
-
-

In no way was the surgery life threatening so everything went smoothly. I was put on a bunch of pain medicines and a few minutes later the boys were allowed in.

"How're you feeling?" Travis asked as he leaned against the wall, clearly tired. I sighed and shifted uncomfortably.

"Um... okay, I guess." I said and rested my head on the pillow. Suddenly I was extremely exhausted.

"Get some rest, babe." Nolan said but I was already drifting off into sleep.

I woke up a few hours later to see that my room was empty. Sighing, I grabbed my phone that was on the end table of the bed. When I turned it on there was a text message from Nol.

Nol💛: Travis Ivan and I went to grab some food from the diner. We'll be back soon xx

As if on cue the boys walked in. Travis had a smile on his face.

"The Doctor will be in to discharge you in a few minutes."

-a/n-
if i don't update in the next few days merry christmas to those who celebrate! happy holidays everyone:)
sorry for the short chapter, i wanted to get something out.

psa: this book is gonna be ending soon but there will be a sequel:)) it's gonna be called freezing water yes i know how original