2.6

— December 24th —

I don't usually hate Nolan, but when I do it's because he wakes me up at five in the morning for a flight

We were in Columbus for a game but lost in a shootout. Now we were going to be on our way to Winnipeg for a Patrick-Konecny Christmas. Mom and Dad flew in yesterday but we couldn't because of the game. I was excited, I was going to meet a little more of Nolan's family.

"Why the fuck are you waking me up so early, Patrick?" I grumbled as I pulled the cover back over my head. I heard him sigh.

"Lils if we want to surprise everyone we have to go now. They think we're all coming in later tonight," He said and I groaned dramatically before getting up. I went to go limp over to my suitcase but Nolan pushed me back. "No, you forget you're injured and have to rest, I swear." He picked up my suitcase and set it down in front of me.

I thanked him and picked out a comfy but still decently looking outfit to wear. I would most likely change once I got to the Patrick's though. I went into the bathroom to change and then through my hair up into a ponytail. A few minutes later we met Travis down in the lobby, then we drove to the airport.

We got to Winnipeg around one in the afternoon. It took another hour to drive to the Patrick's house. Honestly I think I was more excited to see the Patrick's than Nolan was.

We all grabbed our suitcases but Travis grabbed mine so I could somehow get up the stairs. I hopped up the stairs causing the two boys to chuckle at me. Throwing them a glare from over the shoulder I opened the door to the Patrick's. I crutched into the living room with the boys behind me where some of the family was.

"Oh gosh, what did you do Konecny?" Aimee groaned when she saw me.

"Well hello to you too, Aims! And to answer your question, a lot of things," I said and she came over to hug me. After saying hello to both of our families I hobbled up the stairs with Nolan behind me so we could put our stuff in his room.

I ended up changing into something more nice which was only a sweater and a pair of leggings. It beat the pair of joggers and v-neck I was wearing earlier. Nolan helped me downstairs slowly and we went into the living room to see James and his family had arrived.

"So Lila we were talking about this while you two were upstairs. Every Christmas Eve we go to the rink to skate around. Would you be okay with that?" Carrie asked and my eyes widened.

"Carrie," I laughed. "I wouldn't mind at all. It is a tradition after all. I'm going to be skating soon anyway," I said and she smiled and looked over to Nolan and grinned wider. Maddie ran upstairs to gather a bunch of skates and came down a few minutes later with a large bin of them.