Paint Again

Earthy tones
spoken low
in mixed media,
dusty starlight
and teary undertows

Rubbed out rouge
on amber cellophane
crushed up linen
and deep dyes bled
under a prism of panes

Sculpt this inner clay
paint a broken heart
Sing the soul for eons
Unleash eternal arts

Fit the massive
soupy moonlight
in your canvas dream
and drink the nectar
of all things grown
along this babbling stream

Capture the picture
and frame it in
Then break it up
and paint again

(September 20th, 2017)

a/n:
To me poetry is a living, breathing entity. And in a way, I feel if I explain it, I am killing it somehow. So I rarely go into detail about my poems. Also, I like people to enjoy them how they see them and for their own relationship with this living set of words.

But I was reading this one again and I wanted to expound upon it because I really enjoy this piece. This is a poem about artists, inspiration and artistic expression.

The first stanza is about connection with raw emotions and deep feelings. Earthy and low and mixed media of mixed up things inside and a strong undertow of sadness pulling at you sometimes. and starlight that could give beauty and hope but covered in dust.

The second stanza is what you may find that are pieces of and leftovers from the artists attempts at creation. This takes place in whatever art studio they work in. It is a figurative place represented by the window panes where one looks out on the world. A prism or the spectrum of panes shows this is about the whole world of artists who each have their own vision.

The third stanza is the beginning of the call to action. There is inner clay that is unformed and raw and ready to be sculpted. And a broken heart like a canvas waiting to be used. And the songs of the collective art community will sing for eons and unleash eternal works of art.

The fourth stanza is encouragement to the struggling artist living on the soup of their inspiration. To be able to transform it into something others can enjoy. And then to enjoy all the works that others bring - all the nectar from what they have worked to create as well.

The fifth stanza is about being inspired by others art and using it by mulling it over and deconstructing it and rearranging it and framing it in your own way. So then you are inspired to create something new.

To me I do all these things when I write. But this can relate to any art form of any kind.