Chapter 8: The First Practice

(Y/N)

***********

I walk into the gym after school for the first fencing practice. I loudly drop my equipment bag onto the floor causing everyone to look over at me. Some of the new recruits I had met in tryouts smiled at me and wave slightly in hello. Petra looks at me in surprise then sneers and walks over to me.

"You didn't make the cut your going to have to leave" She says smugly in her annoying voice. I can see Levi quietly watching Petra and my exchange from across the room, he winks at me and smirks before turning away to get the others to continue practice.

'Wow...' I think before turning my attention back to Petra "If I didn't make the cut then you shouldn't even be here" I say casually as I grab the things I needed from my bag.

"And why would that be?" She asks with the sneer still present on her face.

"Because since I beat you during tryouts means I'm better than you in that sense, if I didn't make the team, neither should you have." I respond rationally

Petra's face contorts into a grimace of anger "I didn't find your personality agreeable" she growls and I can tell she is running out of excuses.

"I find her personality very agreeable" Levi says walking over and resting an arm on my shoulder, he smirks slightly at Petra.

"Who said you could come here for practice anyway?" she asks narrowing her eyes at me.

"I did" Levi growls already getting impatient with her.

I roll my eyes slightly at his lack of patience then I smile innocently at Petra and grab my things to go change.

Levi moves his arm from my shoulder to let me go as he distracts Petra as I leave.

*************

Tiny Time Skip

*************

I walk back into the gym in my dark gear and Levi calls me over to him and Petra.

"Whats up?" I ask jogging over.

"I want to test your skills myself" Levi says calmly. Petra grins evilly at me from where she was standing behind Levi.

"Sure" I say with a grin not hesitating with my answer. Sure I knew Levi was good, but so am I and it would be fun to see how well I could do against him. Petra's grin falters slightly at my enthusiasm.

Levi smirks at me "I'm not going easy on you" He warns taking his place across from me.

"Good, I like a challenge" I respond taking my place and settling into my fighting stance.

I put on my helmet and am vaguely aware that everyone else has stopped fighting to watch our match.

I grin and our battle begins.

************