Chapter 16: Homecoming

(Y/N)

**********

Beep

Beep

Beeeeeeeeeep

What?

NO

No

no

This can't just be it

I can't go out this way

Oh yes you can and you will

I won't

Ah but you will join me dear

Go fuck yourself

I rip myself away, out of the mystical monologue with the mysterious character.

I look up at the blinding lights with hazy and half lidded eyes. I'm being quickly wheeled away my face covered by a thin blanket. I weakly reach up to remove the blanket but stop feeling a cold hand holding mine. I squeeze it lightly to try and tell the person to stop the rolling of my bed down the hall.

There's a light gasp and my bed skids quickly to a stop.

"(Y/N)... Please... If you can hear me squeeze my hand..." The gentle voice of the man I care for so much whispers horsley as if he had been crying.

My heart splinters to hear his voice break and I try to tell him everything was ok but only a small pained groan escapes through my parched lips so I gently tighten my hand around his.

I quickly hear gentle exhales of air coming from my steel eyed friend that I determine to be soft sobs and I feel a weight around me that I assume was meant to be a hug but only really began to suffocate my through the blanket that still rested over my head.

I hear a series of scolding whispers and the blanket is finally removed from over my head and I take a deep, pained breath of the cool air grateful for the change but I was soon confronted by the overzealous greeting of a light that rested on the ceiling above me and I squint against the harsh lighting.

I can feel the bed turning under me and I lay relaxed until the bed starts moving across the hall in the opposite direction at a much slower pace, though I was moving slower now my stomach still churned with vertigo. I groan to show my discomfort but they continue to move me until I am propped up on a soft bed in a room with much gentler lighting.

I croak out a thank you and the nurses look at me with shock as I turn to my blankets and weakly arrange them comfortably around me.

I take a look at the condition of my body and frown seeing my pale frame was now frail and boney instead of its original well muscled and healthy state.

I hear Levi chuckle softly at my reaction to my crumpled body. I look up and shoot him a gentle glare "N-not fun-ny" I croak cursing my newfound stutter.

He frowns lightly at me "No, it's not..." he murmurs worry lines still etched in his face "How did you come back? The doctors had given up on bringing you back...."

I tilt my head at him questioningly "I-I'm not sure..." I murmur I lose a hollow chuckle and he looks at me slightly startled.

"What's so funny?"

"I-I think I-I told God to go f-fuck himself"

***********

Levi

***********

"I-I think I-I told God to go f-fuck himself"

My eyes go wide momentarily and I chuckle ruefully "What? I guess that sounds like you.. and Why'd you do that?"

She shrugs and grins at me, it broke my heart to see her so frail "H-He told me that was how I-I was gonna g-go"

I tilt my head at her questioningly

"Th-The last thing I he-heard was the beeping, the-the heart rate m-monitor, I heard my h-heart stop... I-I told myself I couldn't g-go out like that" She shrugs as if it were no big deal even with the sad, strange glint in her (E/C) eyes "H-He told me I would j-join him and that's how I-I would go, I t-told him I won't a-and told him to f-fuck himself" She giggles lightly at her own tenacity then winces as if her laughter had hurt her.

I frown and shake my head at her "I'm just glad your ok" I mutter getting to my feet. I had to get away, it hurt to see her this way and she needed her rest "Just relax, I'll see you tomorrow"

She frowns slightly as if she didn't want me to go but she nods reluctantly which I was grateful for.

I smile softly and leave the room closing the door behind me gently before sighing and putting my head in my hands and heaving a large sigh. I lift my head and walk out of the hospital.

*********

(Y/N)

*********

I watch him go wishing he could stay but I knew he was right and I should rest, I just died for god's sake. I sigh and am about to lay down to try and sleep a glimmer of red dances on the edge of my vision and I turn towards it to see my glasses, the ones I had seen shattered and crumpled next to me on the ground right before I went into a coma.

"H-He must have g-gotten them fixed for m-me" I murmur with a smile reaching over and putting the red spectacles on. Once my glasses rest against my nose I feel my body relax and sigh softly sinking into the hospital bed.

I slowly drift off into a fitful sleep.

**********

(A/N)

**********

Word Count: 900

HI!

I'm super sorry for disappearing for so long and I just want to mention and dedicate this chapter to ShinoharaYuki120 for asking for this chapter and snapping me out of whatever weird faze I was stuck in.

ANYWHO

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE! ;P

See ya 'round my Krazies!

BAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!