Chapter 17: Strong

(Y/N)

***********

I was watching the sunrise through the small window across my small hospital room when I hear my door open tentatively and the clatter of dishes sliding on a tray.

"I-I'm sorry I d-don't think I'll be a-able to eat" I say curtly my words rasping out of my mouth as I keep my back to my door.

"That's one way to greet us" a soft worried voice mutters "I honestly don't think she wants to see us Erwin"

A deeper voice chuckles and I still keep my back to them but I had visibly relaxed hearing their voices "You wouldn't even be able to tell there was something wrong with her if you didn't see Levi looking so stressed and snapping all the time.. And it's not helping that Petra won't stop trying to get back with the poor guy"

I sigh and turn "A-Are you trying t-to make me f-feel bad?"

Erwin smiles softly "So she lives"

"We're just trying to fill you in subtly.." Armin asserts hitting Erwin's arm and placing the tray on the table beside my bed

I frown at my hands that fiddled with the blankets "S-So you were telling th-the truth..."

Armin looks at me curiously not understanding my sad look "Ya, but everything is fine now, your back and I hear your getting out of the hospital tonight"

"Gr-Great" I mutter "And I-I suppose I'll be d-doing physical th-therapy and I'll n-never be able to-to fence again..." I say softly still looking at my hands forcing back the tears that threatened to form in my eyes.

"I'm sure you'll be able to fence again, you'll just have to work on it"

I just sigh disparagingly "I-I just hate that I l-let this all ha-happen.... How l-long was I out a-anyway? L-Levi wouldn't tell me"

Erwin and Armin exchanged quick glances before Erwin turns to me "You were out for a month..." He mutters almost so I couldn't hear him......... almost

"A mo-month?" I ask dangerously quiet

Armin nods almost fearfully.

I growl slightly and flip the blankets off "G-Go get my clothes" I growl dropping my legs over the side of the bed "I'm g-getting out of here" I stand shakily and Armin spares a worried glance at me before hurrying off to find my clothing.

"Are you sure?" Erwin asks me a concerned and gentle look on his features.

I shoot him a glare "I'm-I'm getting out of here" I growl dangerously almost like an animal and he backs off and stands by the door to wait for Armin.

Once Armin arrives they leave the room to let me change. I go to the door to hear a conversation going on between them.