Cold No More

Bjorn wanted to wrap his arms around her and tell her that it would be okay. Once he realized this, he questioned himself as to why he felt that way, for when ever Horan or his other friends were upset he would only make light of the situation at most and try to get them to laugh to forget about their woes. Never did he want to embrace them in order to soothe their pain, so why on earth did he want to do this to the girl who sat across from him?

"You can talk to me about it if you'd like," he offered. She sighed and sat back in her seat, shaking her head every once in awhile as if she were arguing with herself inside her head. A long silence had passed and just as he was about to tell her she didn't have to, she spoke.

"I don't know where to even began. I just...I don't know. Ever since the incident with the bear Darsa has been acting so different. We had always been close growing up and now it is like she is a stranger to me. She was cleared the day before I was by Ubba and she didn't even bother to stop by and visit me or see if I was okay. It hurt me more than it should have but I can't help it. Then afterwards she has all but ignored me. Every time I have tried to talk to her she would brush me off or disregard me all together. Worst of all though, I was by the creek today washing some clothes and we shared some very harsh words, since then she hasn't even looked at me. She told me if I actually spent time with you then I would understand but that doesn't make any sense. Maybe I acted like a child but I don't think I deserved to be treated like that," Rowan said, crossing her arms. She frowned and sighed as she looked from the floor to Bjorn.

"Which brings me to you. I am sorry for avoiding you these past few days. Another childish act on my behalf I suppose. I just assumed that if I kept my distance then that would sort my indifference I have with you, but even that didn't help. As of late I have been having strange and abnormal feelings towards you that I have never experienced before and I wish they would just stop." She finished, almost sounding annoyed with herself.

At this Bjorn nodded his head as he understood why she had been acting so cold towards him the past few days. At least for the most part anyway. He didn't know what she meant regarding him but he would pretend that he did for now until he could figure out what she was talking about.

Leaning forward, he forced her to look at him, "I do not think you acted like a child towards your cousin. I too noticed how she and Horan have been acting and I find it bizarre as well considering how she blatantly despised him not even a week ago. But believe me when I say that Horan does not mean to take your cousin's time away from you. He is one of the most loyal and caring men I know, which is one of the reasons he is my dearest friends. He probably doesn't know how you feel about him and would be over here begging for you to not be upset if he did. But if I have angered or upset you somehow I am sorry and I do apologize. Running from your problems never fixes them though Rowan."

She chuckled and a look of confusion washed over Bjorn's face, only amusing her even more.

"You think I was angry with you? It is quite the opposite if I am being honest," she said. If only he knew the real reason why she was avoiding him. That she was trying to suppress the odd feelings and inappropriate thoughts he had brought her.

The corners of Bjorn's mouth rose at her words, satisfied that she was not upset with him. He then looked down, almost forgetting that he had a full plate of food in front of him. Not wanting it to get cold, he dug in and cleaned his plate as did she  once they were full Rowan had to admit that she felt slightly better being able to talk to him.

"That was very good," he said, commending Rowan. All of her food had been the past few days.  She smiled and bowed her head, "Thank you."