The Last of Us

Sunlight beamed through the large bay window that was still open from the night before.

Rowan's eyes fluttered open as the sound of people chattering excitedly woke roused her. The sight of Bjorn's tanned chest was the first thing she saw, as she had slept cradled in his arms. She slowly craned her neck to look at him, and studied his peaceful face. His lips were slightly parted, revealing a hint of his brilliant white teeth. Curls fell onto his forehead and waved slightly as a breeze made its way into the room. His thick dark eyebrows were relaxed, causing him to look a few years younger than he really was. His defined jaw sprouted short hair and with each breath his nostrils would flare slightly.

Suddenly, flashbacks from last night began to flood through her mind, causing her to blush. Was that real? She looked down to her opened night gown and observed faint marks from where his mouth had kissed just a few short hours ago, confirming that it was.

She smiled to herself, ecstatic that she had the opportunity to become so close to him both physically and emotionally.

Not wanting to get out of bed just yet, she started trailing her fingers lightly over his chest, drawing invisible patterns at first before she began tracing his tattoo. She didn't notice Bjorn had woken up until she chuckled deeply, causing her to jump.

"Good morning," he said with a smile that implied the two had shared their own little secret. Rowan returned it and pushed her body up by her elbow and kissed him gently.

When she pulled away, his emerald eyes bore into hers and she had to look away from his intense gaze. Now that he was awake, she wondered if she should address their intimate time they had shared.

"How did you sleep?" she asked, letting her gaze trail back to his chest.

She watched it move as he laughed again, "Quite well, actually. I think it is the best sleep I've gotten in years. You?" he asked, brushing a strand of silver hair behind her ear.

She smiled, "The same. I could sleep the day away if I had the choice."

Bjorn watched her in silence for a few moments before he decided he should be the one to speak up, "About last night...I just want to say that...well...I loved every moment, and I just wanted to thank you."

Rowan's blush deepened and she grinned, "I feel as if I should be the one saying that."

Bjorn opened his mouth to reply when he heard a large crowd clapping from outside, drawing both of their attention to the window. He quickly stood up, slipping back into his trousers and padded over to the window, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed.

Rowan was about to ask what was going on when the clapping crowd began to cheer.

Not bothering to slip on undergarments, she snatched her robe from the ground and slipped into it, then joined Bjorn at the window.

She was amazed to see that not one, not two, but four more kingdoms had arrived. She recognized only two from their banners but was thankful nonetheless that more people had come to join their fight against the brotherhood.

Rowan smiled and looked over to Bjorn to find a pleased look on his face as well.

He then turned to her and grabbed her hand before placing a gentle kiss on top, "Get yourself ready for the day love. I'll see you at breakfast?" he asked.

Rowan smiled and nodded her head before placing a hand on his hip and returning his kiss on his warm lips.

Bjorn then walked over to his boots and slipped them on before walking to the door. Just as he was about to leave, he turned over his shoulder and shot her a wink, causing her to chuckle.