Epilogue

Three Years Later

Rowan sat back as she basked in the runs warm rays. Spring had just arrived and she had been tried of being cooped up in the castle. Birds chirped in the distance, singing cheerful songs. In front of her, she watched Bjorn and Finn play in the slow moving creek that surrounded Rorik until it emptied into the large fresh lake to the south where many casted their nets for fish.

She smiled as Finn gave her a mischievous grin before splashing his father with the frigid water. He squealed in delight and ran away in hopes that Bjorn would chase him. Finn's raven curls bounced just as his dads did, his sapphire eyes full of life and joy as he looked back to see his father closing the distance.

"Got you!' he said, scooping him up in his arms. Finn squealed again, laughing as Bjorn placed him ontop of his shoulders. "Want to go see what your mother s up to?" he asked.

Flyn nodded his head and clapped, "Take me to mommy!'

Rowan chuckled again as the two made their way over. Just as Bjorn squatted down to let Finn climb off, she felt a jab in her stomach and winced. She looked down and rubbed her swollen stomach, glad that in a month's time she would give birth once more. When she visited Horan and Darsa back at the Glade, she was told by both her and Tursa-who was now Queen after Rowan passed her the crown believing that she was both the most fit and most deserving of it-that she would be having a girl due to how high she was carrying the child.

Rowan opened her arms wide and Finn ran to her, wrapping his tiny arms around her neck. "Why did you splash your father in the creek?" she asked, grinning.

The boy shook his head and smiled, causing his faint dimples to show, "I didn't. He got himself all wet."

Bjorn and Rowan shared a knowing glance and she raised an eyebrow at him. "Did you splash yourself in the creek Bjorn?" she asked.

Bjorn squatted down so he was eye level with the two of them. "Now why would I do something like that love?"

The two then slowly looked to their black haired cherub who screamed with laughter as he knew what was coming next. "No!"

Bjorn and Rowan began to tickle him mercilessly, stopping only when Finn begged for them to stop.

When they did, the child giggled. "Again."

Bjorn chuckled and quickly tickled him again but not as long as the first time. His emerald eyes found Rowan's and he leaned forward, kissing her deeply.

"Ew!" Finn said, shuffling to his feet.

Bjorn pulled away and ran a hand through his hair, "You know, I thought the same thing for many years until I met your mother. And one day, many many many years from now, you won't think kissing girls is so bad."

Finn snickered to himself and jumped into his father's arms, his words going over his head. "I'm going to go hide and you have to find me," he proclaimed, pushing himself away. "Count to ten!" he shouted over his shoulder as he ran behind a tree. Rowan and Bjorn could easily see his feet poking out.

Bjorn sighed, "I hope it's a girl. Our son tires me out by the hour," he said, amused. "One," he began, "Two...thr-" he started, before being cut off by Rowan as she pulled him into another deep kiss.

When he pulled away and flashed his teeth, "You know, Lady Rowan," he said, "You just might have a third child on the way soon if you don't behave yourself."

Rowan rolled her eyes and slapped his arm playfully. "Help me up?" she asked, holding out her hand. Bjorn pulled her up and gently caressed her protruding stomach. "Go on and finish the game, I'll have lunch ready for the two of you."

Bjorn nodded and with one last quick brush of the lips, he continued counting.

As Rowan made her way back to the castle, she could still faintly hear Bjorn's voice echo throughout the trees. She felt her child move in her womb again and she touched the spot where it kicked. She wished her mother were still here so she could meet her grandchildren, but before any more sad memories filled her mind she pushed them away and focused on the large gathering that would soon take place.

Tomorrow night, Darsa and Horan along with a few others from the Glade would come to Rorik to feast. Apart from her cousin and the others, Caspian and Torvi were also traveling from Olandry and bringing their children along as well. Rowan looked down to the tattoo on her bicep as she remembered the last time she had saw her. It was just after they left the Skabelse and returned to the Glade to give birth to her son. A few weeks later she and Bjorn decided to make a trip to see her and bring supplies to Starke as they were going through a small drought.

After a few days of their arrival, Rowan had sketched the banners of those who fought by her side and gave it to Torvi. The process took many hours as Torvi had to intricately tap a sharp needle dipped in ink repeatedly into Rowan's sensitive skin.

Once she and Bjorn returned and decided to take up permanent residence in Rorik, she soon received word that many of the men and women who fought in the battle were now residing with one another as either friends or lovers. After a year had passed, Rowan learned that Torvi and Caspian had grown fond of each other and were expecting a child.

The piercing laugh of Finn came through the trees, signaling that Bjorn had found him. She paused and turned around in hopes to catch a glimpse of them but the woods were too thick. Sighing, she began walking again and rubbed her stomach out of habit. As the large stone castle appeared through the foliage, she smiled. "Come on you," she said to her unborn child, "let's go get lunch ready for your dad and brother."