Oh, Was It Worth It

Warning: Slightly graphic, nothing more than PG-13 though :)

Viktor waited until the others were fast asleep. Once he could hear snores emitting from the other's tents, he soundlessly slipped from his own and made his way over to the silver-haired woman. In the moonlight he could make out her small form and grinned sinfully.

He dug the key to the cage out of his pocket and opened the door. The creek of the rusty hinges stirred Rowan awake.

She sat up blinking, confused as to what the man wanted. It was not yet dawn and he didn't have any food in his hand for her so what else could he be here for? She could smell the alcohol emitting from his body along with the stench of filth, causing the hair on her arms to rise.

"Kacper told me to take you two to relieve yourselves," Viktor said in his most believable voice he could manage. Rowan looked around the camp, realizing everyone was fast asleep. "In the middle of the night?" she asked skeptically.

"He told me to take you two before we went to bed but I fell asleep. Look if you don't have to go it makes my job easier," he said, pretending closing the door slightly.

"Wait!" Rowan whispered loudly, stopping him. Her nearly full bladder reminded her that she did have to go to the bathroom rather badly.

Viktor hid his smile in the shadows before looking back to her. She looked back at the Rorik before turning around to face him, "Take Bjorn first," she commanded. With all of the mead Kacper had forced him to drink she couldn't imagine how full his must have been. Plus it would probably do him some good to walk around and sober up.

Viktor's smile fell and was replaced with a frown. Every moment that passed was another he could get caught. But if taking the drunk boy to the woods first ensured that the striking Gladeswoman would willingly go afterwards then he would do it. "Fine," he said, then climbed into the cart and retrieved Bjorn.

He groaned as Viktor slid him across and propped him onto his feet. With one hand he turned around and locked the iron door with the woman inside. He then slung Bjorn's arm around his shoulder and walked him into the woods. The boy's feet caught branches and vines and caused him to stumble a few times, annoying the mercenary.

Viktor suddenly dropped him, causing Bjorn to land on the ground in a heap. He grunted but picked himself up on all fours and heaved whatever food was in his stomach. Viktor rolled his eyes at his inability to hold his mead for when he was his age he was able to drink double the amount before he would retch.

After a few moments passed, Bjorn was able to stand up on his own, feeling slightly better. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and stumbled over to the creek to rinse the left over bile. Viktor allowed him to do so, for he didn't want to smell the sour stench of vomit on their way back. "Where's Rowan?" Bjorn asked Viktor weakly as he staggered his way back over to him. His throat burned and he felt very dizzy and sick.

Viktor didn't respond and practically dragged him back until they got in eyesight of the cart. He could see Rowan searching for them in the fog and she relaxed once they emerged from the trees, watching as they slowly made their way back.

Viktor propped Bjorn against the cage and worked on the lock quickly.

Rowan could see in the faint moonlight the familiar tan fingers that gripped the iron bars and she rested her hand on his. Even though it was only for a moment, the contact between the two brought her comfort as well as sorrow as it reminded her of their predicament.

Once Viktor opened the lock and door he hoisted Bjorn into the same cage as Rowan, not bothering to place him in the rear cell. For when he would bring the Gladeswoman back she would be too broken and distraught to even care if she were with the boy and he reveled in the thought.