When The Wind Blows

Leif called for an assembly in the courtyard and took to the wooden stage along with Bjorn and Rowan, who thought about being executed only moments ago in the same exact spot leaving her uneasy.

He then accounted for the dead, which was a handful of Rorikmen and even fewer Gladeswomen. The total loss was less than twenty, which was quite impressive given that it was three to one odds against the traitors.

"I think it is best to start by informing our prince and princess as to why we have come," Leif stated before turning to Bjorn and Rowan, "A week ago, after you two were taken, a note was found on the tree informing us that a group called the Brotherhood had taken the two of you. The tributes at the Skabelse immediately sent word by raven to both the Queen of the Glade and the King of Rorik, informing them of your fates. Meanwhile many raked the Venetian forest for any more clues as to your whereabouts would be. Luckily they stumbled upon a group of rouge men who were quickly defeated and questioned if they knew anything about the Brotherhood. It took some time but they were finally able to get some information from them. Apparently, the Brotherhood had tried to recruit the men who turned their offer down, but had heard that their headquarters were somewhere located on the west coast and led by a woman named Blanche. Is this true?"

At the sound of her name both Rowan and Bjorn looked at each other, for they had forgotten about her in the midst of the battle. "Aye, it is. She was here a few moments ago actually. I saw her run but to where I do not know," Rowan said solemnly, disappointed in herself for not chasing her down and driving her blade through her heart.

Leif nodded and continued, "We will capture her eventually and bring her to the High Kings and Queens to be punished for her crimes," he started, and both the Roriks and the Daughters of the Glade applauded.

Leif raised a hand chuckling to finish, and turned to Rowan and Bjorn once more, "Your parents spoke to the High Kings and Queens about joining arms against Blanche and her band of traitors for a solid day. In truth, they did not want to give permission in fear of another war between men and woman breaking out, but they finally agreed to do so. We were sent to travel west in hopes to find the main headquarters and came across a man who claimed to know you and said for a few coins he would tell us where the fortress was so here we are," he finished, raising his arms.

Bjorn raised an eyebrow at Leif, "That doesn't make any sense. Did he tell you his name by chance?"

Leif nodded his head, "Thorin. He was a large brute, never seen a man of that stature in a long time. We paid him twenty pieces of silver and he left without a word."

Rowan almost fell back upon hearing Leif's information. She knew Thorin had always been somewhat kind, but she never would have guessed he would end up saving her life. She knew he worked solely for pay and only gave the information up in hopes to gain some money and was thankful regardless.

In the crowd, one of Bjorn's men shouted out, "Can you tell us what the Brotherhood wants?" Leif then spoke as well "Sadly we have not been informed as to what their goal is. Did you acquire any information?"

Rowan bit her lip, for she had hoped they already knew about Blanche's plan. She did not want to be the one to inform them of the Brotherhood's ultimate goal as it would surely change their futures regardless as well as cause an uproar throughout the land. On the other hand she knew it had to be done, especially if she wished to seek justice for her treatment.

Just as she was about to open her mouth, Bjorn took a step forward and ran a hand through his black curls, "We were told that Blanche had grown tired of the High Kings and Queens and wanted to overthrow them and rule herself. She had gotten four tribes together, as you have seen today, to join her in her scheme. She had hired group of mercenaries to take Rowan and I from the Skabelse in hopes that we would send word to our parents to join her as well as tell her vital information about our armies. We refused several times and were punished for doing so, as just this morning they were going to execute Rowan. You saved her and for that I want to personally thank each and every one of you."