Fated Decisions

Bjorn reluctantly paid his dues, mumbling to himself and spitting insults to Hvitserk when he rubbed it in his face.

After he was done, he turned to Rowan, "You did very well. I knew you were a skilled fighter but..." he trailed off, shaking his head in amazement. Rowan smiled, she had tried very hard and had earned her victory, but he had yet to see her at her greatest. She wouldn't tell him that though, for she was sure his ego was hurt enough for today.

"Thank you," she replied, bowing her head slightly, "You almost bested me a few times. I just got lucky." The two then walked to the weapons rack to return their borrowed items and began to watch Caspian and Torvi spar. Rowan was surprised to see vicious she was, not caring that she had come very close to decapitating the King of Olandry.

"I'd hate to fight against her myself," Rowan muttered as Bjorn wrapped a strong arm around her waist, leading her to the bleachers with the others. She never doubted her skill on the battlefield, but when she imagined herself being pitted against Torvi, she wondered who would be the one standing. Well whoever it would be would have some serious injuries.

After a few moments passed, a large group of women entered the courtyard that had arrived this morning. They were one of the two that she had recognized by their banners, the large red egret that held two swords in its feet contrasted greatly against the white cloth.

"Do you know them?" Bjorn asked, looking the women over. They were all slender, and hardly looked like warriors. They look like they would blow away if the wind was too strong. He looked to his right at Rowan, who nodded her beautiful face.

"Aye. They are the women who dwell from Morrstik. I'm surprised they came if I am being honest," Rowan answered, looking at their leader, Queen Elianna.

"Why is that?" Bjorn asked, a dark eyebrow raised.

Rowan sighed and leaned back against the balcony with her arms folded across her chest. "We defeated them about ten years ago. They tried to expand either kingdom and wanted control over the river we live by. We defeated them of course, but our ties ended then after we almost decimated their population. I'm astounded that they even brought this many with them."

Bjorn nodded his head as he mulled her words over. He knew all too well what it felt like to be here with unwanted guests and was surprised that the Bluegardes had kept to themselves since his run in at the Bannered Lion.

"Do you know the other three that arrived this morning?" he asked, changing the subject. Thinking about Rollo and his band of heathens was making him angry all over again. He watched Rowan nod again and studied the way her muscles moved in her face as she pursed her lips.

"Just one. The women that hail from Wayland Wood," she answered, remembering the tall pines on their forest green banners. She had only heard of them from stories but had yet to meet them. From what she heard, they kept to themselves in their pine forest. They didn't believe in killing men or women, and was considered the so-called black sheep of the remaining female gender. She couldn't imagine a world where you were not taught from a young age how to take a life, but instead how to craft extravagant houses and studied the history of the old world as well as excel in maths and sciences.

"Are they good warriors?" Bjorn asked, remembering seeing the group of women this morning. They had all wore dark green dresses and gold bands on their biceps, signifying their fidelity.

Rowan scoffed, amused at the thought of one of them wielding a weapon. "No, not in the slightest. Unless somehow they are secretly trained and have kept that to themselves as well."