Ballroom part 2

A/n: yes this whole oneshot is a huge black butler reference. Soz I just love the anime.

Picking up where we left off...

You took a step closer to L as you danced, this 'viscount' guy could be heard from a mile away. He likes any little pretty thing in a skirt, making you slightly worried. You almost stepped on the tail of the coat L was wearing, making you stumble a bit, but he kept you upright. He held you close to him as you danced, scouting the area for the viscount.

"The one in the pink is absolutely gorgeous!" You heard from across the hall.

You knew he was referring to you, and so did L.

"Let's go" L said, pulling you away and dancing with you across to the corner of the room.

For a guy you just met, he was awfully nice and quite fetching to be honest. He pulled you into the corner and looked around for the viscount.

"If he's selling girls on the black market, you have to be careful. I know you have a gun under that dress, don't be afraid to use it. Our job is to catch him in the act so we can arrest him. As soon as you see him sneaking out with any girl or trying anything, use the wire tab to contact the cops if we get separated. I'll do the same" he explained.

"Got it!"

The music changed and the dancing soon stopped, the guests chatted away and went to get drinks.

"You in the pink!"

You jumped and turned to see the viscount right behind you, when did he get there?

"You're absolutely stunning!" He said.

"O-oh, thank you" you said, trying to act cool.

"Please accompany me for drinks"

"Oh, I don't drink"

"Why? Are you underage?"

"No-"

"Pregnant?"

"No-"

"Then what's the trouble?" He said.

"I-I'm allergic! The chemicals make me throw up" you lied.

"Oh, well would you care to grab a bite to eat?" He asked.

You glanced back at L who gave you a small nod, telling you to go with it.

"Of course" you said.

He led you across the dance floor and over to the table lined with food. You grabbed a small cupcake and took a bite, it was actually quite nice. You made small talk with the viscount, wondering when he was going to try and kidnap you, it was obvious he picked you as the victim.

"My sweet... Robbin? No! Song-thrush, please accompany me outside"

That was the cue. You nodded and trailed behind, as you did, you spoke into the wire tab.

"We're heading to the east exit, that must be where he takes his victims to kidnap them" You said.

You left the ballroom and slid your arm down the secret pocket in your skirt where your gun was.

"Now, my song-thrush-"

He was cut off by the click of a gun. You then saw L behind him, holding a gun to his head.

"Get on your knees, hands in the air" he said.

"What is this?!"

"You're attempting to kidnap a detective, this is an arrest, that's what it is" you said.

"You were working with him!?"

A bunch of detectives came in to take the viscount away, instructing you to stay at the ball a little while longer just to not look suspicious.

"Well, that was easier than expected" you said, heading back into the ballroom.

"I thought he'd put up more of a fight honesty" L said.

"I know we're meant to stay a little more, but I don't know how much longer I can take on these heels"

"Tell me about it, this suit is so restricting..."

"Wanna ditch this joint and get some ice cream?" You said.

L's face lit up.

"Yes please!"

And off you went, into an ice cream store, not even caring you were in a ball gown and L was in a tailed suit.