It comes to an end

We've finally reached it. The end of this book. But just because this series is over doesn't mean I will stop writing L. He will come back soon, I promise. Also new series means new cover aesthetic lol.

I don't know what he did, but he did something that made him stick to me like glue. I've had a lot of phases where I will grow out of fandoms or fall out of love with characters. But not L, I first watched Death Note two years ago (at time of writing) and it's stuck I've never fallen out of love with it, or out of love with him.

I wrote my first L oneshot in 2016, and not once have I given up on him. I've had writers block sure, and sometimes I'll be sick, or Wattpad will be down, or I don't have access to wifi, but I'll still try my hardest to write about him every day.

I don't know what he did, but if it weren't for him I'd never be into anime, I'd never be writing, I'd never have such supportive followers and readers.

It sounds kind of stupid when you say to people how much a work of fiction means to you... if you try to tell someone who doesn't understand, but I'm sure you all get it. We all have that one character we'll never get go of, and for me that's L.

I show my love to him through these books.

If I got the chance to meet him, only for a second, I'd just hug him, and remind him how loved he is.

If I were to meet him for an extended time, of course if just fall harder for him than I already have, but I won't go nuts and try to win him over. He is his own person, he's secretive and keeps to him so as long as we could be friends I'm ok with that. I wouldn't want to force him into anything.

Even if he can't see me, or hear me, or even know if my existence, I've still shed tears over him, I've laughed along with his silly nature, I've smiled when he did, I've gotten angry at Light with him... at least he is in my life in some way, even if I can't tell him how much he means to me, to us, all those fans that support him so much.

My life is uneventful, so saying he's been with me through a lot is a lie, I've never suffered from a mental illness, I don't have any conditions (except insomnia but I can handle that), I've lived a boring life so far. But whatever I have done, he's always been the one I reference in conversations or the one I turn to for a pick up in mood.

It takes a lot to shake me to the point of tears, I've been to funerals and not cried or even felt sad. But L over here has bought me to that point multiple times, when reading a sad fanic, or thinking about Ep 25.

A bunch of lines on a screen has broken me to tears when no ones else could. That's proof he made a massive impact on my life.

I don't know what he did, but I'm glad he did it. I'm glad that sugar eating detective was written into existence, because he's never failed to put a smile on my face.

He is the reason I have such amazing and supportive readers, all of you are here because of him. We share the same love for him and that's what's bought us together.

But that's enough for about me dying over L.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me thought all my bullshit, all my typos and mistakes. Thank you for being patient with requests, thank you for coming up with amazing ideas for me to write.

I can't thank you enough for all you've done just by reading my horribly executed ideas.

I'll bring back L soon, knowing me it will probably only be a few weeks until I write him again, so by all means, send me your head-canons for L for the next book.

This has been a long authors note I'm sorry.

I'll go now.

I'll see you soon.

And you'll see L soon too.

Thank you.