The half blood

Rule one of life: never anger a half blood. If anyone is ever lucky enough to encounter a half blood, then they better stay on their good side. A half blood is someone who is half human, half demon, and you were one of those people.

You'd been hired for the Kira case due to your incredible mind, and how well you were at reading people. But it's been a bit of a challenge hiding the fact you're a half blood.

Especially since you'd gotten so attached to L. Yes he was everyone's boss and the worlds greatest detective and all, but it seems that not many of the taskforce members trust him completely. In a way you could kind of see their side of it, but you trust L no matter what they think.

What you hated was the way the taskforce doubt L, and throw shade and talk shit behind his back.

L will occasionally throw shade back, but it still bugged you so much that they were picking on him. It angered you... angered you up to boiling point.

"Does L ever sleep?"

"Probably not, it's not like he has a life outside the case anyway"

Or maybe because this case is dangerous and important, and he's working to save the world.

"I expected someone more professional than him"

"How is HE the worlds greatest detective?"

Because he worked for it.

"L's just plain weird"

You couldn't help but overhear what everyone was saying. It made you so mad that they were just disrespecting L like that. But you had to stay calm... or you'd risk revealing yourself. If you got to angry, your flames and tail would appear, and that would not end well.

"I don't think we can trust him"

You felt your eye twitch.

"That's all he is, a sleep deprived frog"

You glanced over at L who was seemingly oblivious to all the teasing. But you were hired because you can read people, that didn't mean you couldn't read L.

"I'm starting to hate him..."

You focused on L's body language, the fidgeting meant that these insults were bothering him. You could see him play with his hands, most people do that when they get anxious. You felt your blood boil.

"He's just-"

"STOP IT!"

You couldn't take it anymore, the anger made you explode. You felt your fangs grow, your tail grow and your flames appear. There it was, the secret is out.

The whole room fell still, everyone's eyes were on you, shocked at what they were seeing. Although... L seemed more confused than shocked.

"IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON TALK SHIT ABOUT L, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO THROW YOU ALL ACROSS THE ROOM!" You screamed.

But then you realised... you were angry.

You suddenly dropped the anger act and noticed your tail, meaning your flame and fangs were there too. The anger turned to panic, and without thinking you bolted for the rooftop.

You couldn't run away from HQ, them people would see you. But you could always hide on the rooftop.

You sprinted up the stairs and slammed the door behind you as you ran out to the helipad where emotions overtook you and the anger and panic suddenly turned to dread. You fell to your knees and stared down at your hands.

"What have I done?" You sighed.

You suddenly heard a door open, so you scrambled around to the other side of the helicopter that was kept on the rooftop to hide from whoever was there.

"I fucked up, I fucked up so bad" you whispered to yourself.

"You didn't fuck up"

You froze at the sound of the familiar voice. You closed your eyes in fear.

"Please don't hate me"

"I don't hate you. I'm just confused"

You opened your eyes to see L sitting next to you.

"Why did you... stick up for me?" He asked.

"Um... Well, I could just let them get away with all that shit talk. I can read people remember? I knew it was bothering you..." you said.

"And the tail?"

"H-half blood..."

"Thought so?"

It was quiet for a moment, you felt the dread then turn to sadness, making your tail and demon like features disappear.

"I'm sorry..." you said.

"For what? Sticking up for me?"

"No... for yelling, and causing a scene, and revealing a secret that will make everyone hate me..."

"No one will hate you, I can't lie, the taskforce may be a little scared of you, but they won't hate you" L said, putting an arm around you.

You felt tears begin to well up in your eyes.

"Yes they will... they'll think I'm a monster..."

"You're not a monster (y/n), besides, even if the whole world turns against you. I won't, I could never grow to hate you..." he said.

"R-really?"

He turned you to face him and he gave you a smile.

"I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. I could never in a million years hate you, demon or human. I love you (y/n)"

You felt a smile creep across you lips as your cheeks went red.

"I-I love you too..."