Till death do us part

A/n: I legit made myself cry writing this, sorry if I make you cry.

Your only wish was to get married before you died. Your fiancé was 100% on board with the idea, you'd both decided to take your time, and get married when you felt the time was right, but then tragedy struck.

3 months ago, you'd gotten into a fatal car crash, the both of you hospitalised and in critical condition. You knew you didn't have long left. But your soon to be husband wanted to make your one wish come true. Even if you were unable to leave the hospital, you'd still get married. Your fiancé, the worlds greatest detective L, had organised for you to get married the day you were due to die. He'd prepared his successors to take over his job, and talked with the doctors about marrying in hospital.

Since it was a dying wish, the doctors swore to help. Your parents were called to bring in your wedding dress and a suit for L. A wedding crew was called into the hospitals chapel to make it official. And today was the day.

With the help of your mum, you got into your wedding dress, and moved along with your life support to a wheelchair.

"Mum... I love you so much. Don't ever forget that" you said.

"I love you too honey... please never forget how much your father and I love you" she replied.

"I never will" you said, tears begging to fall down your face.

You would be dead with your beloved within an hour and you were still trying to grasp the real-ness of the situation.

"You ready?"

"I'm ready"

The doors to the chapel opened and you saw your family sitting in the chairs, and your beloved Lawliet connected to life support while barely staying up on crutches.

This was your last wish.

The organ began to play as you were pushed down the isle with tears in your eyes. L gave you a smile, one that could melt your heart, tears streaming down his face.

You were positioned in front of L and your mum went to sit beside your dad.

"You look amazing" L said in a small voice.

"So do you" you replied.

The priest began to speak, saying wedding speeches and whatnot, until the time to say your vows came.

"Lawiet... I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I'm so glad I did it, I love you so so much and I'm so happy to be here today as we create an eternal bond, even if we won't be alive any more, please never forget the amazing things you did for the world and how much I love you" you said fighting back tears.

"(Y-y/n)... I'm so glad you came into my life, I'm nothing in this world without you, you accepted me a-and pulled me out of dark times, I love you more than words can describe, please just never forget I love you and let's hope we can stay wed in he afterlife" L said, his voice cracking as he cried.

"Do you (y/n) (l/n), take L Lawliet to be your lawfully wedded husband, for better or for worse, till death do you part?"

"I do"

"And do you, L Lawiet take (y/n) (l/n), to be your lawfully wedded wide, for better or for worse, till dead do you part?"

"I-I do"

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride"

You were pulled into a deep and passionate kiss faster than you could say 'I love you'. You both held each other in a weak embrace, using the last of your strength.

"I love you" L said.

"I love you too" you sobbed.

It was 1:58. Two minutes until you both die.

You were both lifted onto a hospital bed where you held hands as tight as you could. Your parents rushing to your side, holding your other hand, sobbing furiously.

"We love you (y/n), so so much. You too Lawliet, welcome to the family" your dad sobbed.

"Thank you so much for accepting me as I am" L cried.

"I love you all so much" you said.

2:59.

"I wish you all the best" L said.

"Pleas be safe" you added.

"(Y/n)"

"Yes?"

"I'm proud to call you my wife"

"I'm proud to call you my husband Lawiet"

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

He pulled you into a tight hug, to which you returned, using all your remaining strength.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, NEVER FORGET THAT! Mum, dad.... make sure we're buried together, please."

"Of course honey" your mum responded.

2:00.

"I love you all" you said.

"I love you all so much" L added.

And it was then you both went weak, and your breath went short. Staying in each others embrace you managed to say one last thing with your dying breath.

"Thank you for making my wish come true..."