How does one confess?

L hadn't been thinking straight recently, he's found himself catching affection toward you and he didn't really know what to do about it. Everyone was busy with their work, but you were the only one who wasn't doing anything, you'd finished all your work at the time. You noticed L staring blankly at his screen, he started at screens all day yes, but it's usually with some kind of expression.

"Hey are you ok there? You look lost" you said.

It was silent for a moment.

"How does one confess?" He said, out of the blue.

"As in, confess feelings or confess to a crime or?"

"Feelings"

You didn't know what to think. L, freaking L, had feelings for someone? You couldn't help but wonder who, so you decided to go along with it in hopes you find out.

"Well, for starters you'd have to be sincere about it. And you'd have to make sure it's said point blank so they don't misinterpret your words" you began.

He turned to look at you, resting his head in his hand and leaning on the arm of his chair.

"You'd have to ask them out on a date, or you could just cut to the case and ask to be their boyfriend"

He looked like he was thinking, processing all of this information, like he did whenever you told him new stuff about the case.

"And if they say yes, you'd have to treat them right. Spend time with them, remind them that you love them, cuddle a bit, kiss them, surprise them at times. That kind of stuff, mane sure they know that they're loved, and they'll do the same to you" you said.

He managed to get lost in your eye as you talked, smiling to himself as you did, he enjoyed listening to you, your voice sounded like an angel, he could feel himself falling deeper and deeper in love.

"And you have to make sure they're comfortable, if they want to go at a slow pace, let them. And they should let you go at a pace you feel comfortable too. Some people take ages to get to the stage of being intimate, and some get there within a few weeks. Relationships are all about trust, feeling safe and communication" you finished.

"Ok, so you'd start by asking them to be your significant other?" He said.

"Yes"

What was all this about? You wanted to know who L was talking about, you didn't think L could even fall in love since he hid his emotions so well.

"Well, (y/n), do you want to be my girlfriend?"

What.

What.

WHAT.

It was YOU? You had no clue where that came from. You took a second for that to sink in. L was really nice when you broke down his cold and monotonous nature, he was also pretty cute, and the worlds greatest detective... what would be the harm? You always had a little bit of a crush on him anyway.

"U-um... sure. Ok that's- that's fine sure" you didn't really know what to say.

You saw a massive, adorable smile beak across his lips, making you smile in response.

"Wow, ok. I didn't think that world work..." he laughed.

"What could be the harm?" You giggled.

Without any warning, he pulled you into a gentle hug. You were kind of shocked at the action, but just smiled and hugged him back.

You knew this was the start of something eternal.