Idol (fanboy L)

All day he had been waiting impatiently for that one notification to go off. That one notification that meant the release of your new song. He gazed over at the poster on his wall and waited.

Ding!

He snapped his head toward his computer and immediately clicked on the video titled 'outsiders'.

The music video started with a shot of an open grassy field. The music began and your voice echoed through the speakers.

"Oh my god she sounds like an angel..."

He watched the whole video trying not to make too much noise, but the noise he did make was a strange one that didn't sound human.

The video ended and he let the lyrics sink in.

"She gets it..." he said to himself.

He flopped onto his back and started up at the roof.

"In anyone found out the worlds greatest detective was a die hard (y/n) fanboy... I'd be an instant meme"

He rolled over and looked over at the computer. He sat up and logged onto his fan page. Yes, he had a fan page. He began to type a long essay about how much he loved the song and how much he could relate.

"God I love her so much..."

MEANWHILE

It was a guilty pleasure for you to read all the things your fans post and watch people's reactions to your videos. You actually followed a few fan accounts, you knew it would make their day and you loved to spoil your fans.

"Huh? Queen(y/n)? Interesting username" you said, clicking on the profile.

You looked at all the photos of you and all the memes and edits that the fan had made.

"This person is a really good editor..."

You clicked on the latest post that was about the video you just released. You read the description, and it was certainly eye opening.

This one really spoke to me. Not only was the video and music amazing and (y/n) looked like an angel as usual, but the lyrics are what stuck out. I feel like she nailed the definition of outsider, and I feel that way because the way I grew up turned me into the biggest outsider, I know what's it's like. I'm not talking about the shy and introverted outsider, I'm talking about one that had little to no contact with the world and when they were released into the world their social skills were so lacking they can't even talk to someone for more than a few minutes, the one that gets looks  for the  way they look or their strange habits. This is why I love (y/n) so much, she understands. She gets what it's like to be a little strange. I want to thank her for putting my life into words.

That was deep. This fan was obviously super dedicated to you and had their own issues to deal with, you were glad they could find the song as a way to describe them and help them put his mine into words.

You decided to like the post and give them a follow for the amazing support.

A few hours later.

You couldn't stop thinking about that post. That fan was so deep and meaningful. It made you want to know more about them and their life. You got up and pulled over your laptop, going into the fans profile and clicking on the direct message option.

"Hello. I found your post about outsiders really meaningful, I'm glad you could find it so relatable :)"

Meanwhile in the lonely hotel room he was staying in, he was still shook about you following him. When he heard the notification go of and saw a direct message request from your account he almost had a heart attack.

"Holy crap Kiras trying to kill me isn't he? Is this actually happening?! I'm dreaming I have to be dreaming! But... I never sleep"

He clicked on the message and read it, trying not to scream and wake up the whole hotel.

"God damnit Lawliet! You're the worlds greatest detective, you can stay clam..." he said to himself.

He didn't know what to say back. So he just decided to wing it.

"Holy crap, I can't believe this is actually happening... I love your work so much! Outsiders just seemed to connect with me so much, you're the only one that can put my thoughts into words. Thank you so much"

He hit send and dropped his phone, hiding his face in his blankets and letting out a fanboy squeak. Almost seconds later there was a reply.

"You make me so intrigued about you. I was looking at your posts and you seem so interesting. Tell me a little about yourself :)"

"OH MY-"

He cut himself off before he yelled to loud.

What exactly does a detective say to his idol?

"Well, I'm 22 and I'm actually a fanboy in this abyss of fangirls. I work as a detective, I specialise in kidnappings and murder, it sounds pretty dark I know but justice has to be served somehow. I also thing you're super cute"

He hit send and watched as the little bubble that said you were typing popped up.

"That's so cool! I didn't think such highly skilled people had the time to listen to my stuff and keep up with all the latest news. And I bet you're super cute too! If you don't mind me asking... what do you look like? And what's your name?"

"AHHH!"

He threw his and over his mouth to shut himself up.

YOU WANTED TO KNOW WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE!

L couldn't take selfies but now he really wanted to just to send it to you. And was it a good idea for him to reveal his identity to someone?

He walked over to the mirror and forced himself to stand straight, and forced himself to hold his phone properly. He took a picture slightly covering his face.

"Yeah I can't take selfies... and please excuse the fact I look really tired, I've been working late on a case recently. And my name? Its Ryuzaki"

He hit send and buried his face into his pillow, he didn't know what to think or do anymore, he was talking to his idol for god sakes. He heard his phone go off and was almost too scared to look, but he did and was almost in tears with what he read.

"You're so cute! And don't worry I look super tired too, I guess eyebags are something we have in common. And your name is so unique, I love it. Also I spot a poster of me in the background, I think I can safely say you're my number one fan!"

"God damnit I love her so much... I have to meet her..."