Chapter 13

The morning after, to say the least was...interesting. When I woke up, I was confused and worried. He had left. Shortly after my awakening, he called me and explained why he had, had to leave. An important meeting about the situation. He didn't say that much other than that and the fact he was  sorry that he couldn't properly greet me when I woke up. The girls gave me tons of crap when I went into the living room. Asking me tons of questions, some very personal.

And now, here I sit, at the kitchen table, writing a new song and trying to get Niall out of my head. Sighing, I throw my pen onto the pad of paper in frustration. At that exact moment, Perrie decides to walk into the room. Gazing down on me in question, she grabs the notebook and reads the lyrics.

"Hmm, this is amazing. We should use this for our next performance." She says, a small smile on her lips.

"We could if I could stop thinking about Niall, and start focusing." I mutter, my head in my hands.

"Didn't you tell me that lyrics come to you when they decide not when you decide? Calm down. We have plenty more songs." She murmurs, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly. I look up at her with a sad expression.

"What's wrong?" She asks, worried.

"What if last night meant nothing to him? What if we go nowhere, and this was just a one-night-stand?" I ask, concern in my tone.

"Well, Niall isn't like that. I know that for sure. He wouldn't have slept with you had he not liked you in some way other than friends. Not to mention, he told the boys and we were all standing there. The look in his eyes was...over joyed and love. He cares about you, El, he'd never want to hurt you." She says, and walks into the kitchen, leaving me to decipher her words.

Even more frustration fills me as I think about her words. Him possibly liking me just makes things worse. A vibrating comes from my phone, that's sitting on the wooden table, next to me. My eyes widen as I read the caller ID. Its Niall. Swiping my finger acrossed the screen, I press the phone to my ear.

"Yeah?" I ask, trying to sound busy.

"Hey love. I was just wondering, maybe you wanted to go for lunch?" He asks. My hands freeze, and my mouth drops open. I'm not sure how long I stayed like that for, but surely long enough for him to say, "Are you there love?"

Taking a deep breath, I blink and question, "Of course, I just...got side tracked. What was that?"  

"I asked, if you wanted to go to lunch with me?" He asks, hopeful. I press my lips together and close my eyes.

"Yeah sure. What time?" My mouth asks, before my mind can catch up. STUPID! I think silently.

"Great! How about in 45 minutes?" He asks.

"Sure. Sounds great." I manage to get out, nodding even though he cant see me.

We chat about nothing important for about 5 minutes, then I clean up and go to get ready. Quickly, I straighten my hair, and get dressed in a simple white short sleeved dress and black ballet flats. A bit dressy, but it works, I think to myself just as the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" Jesy yells, as I slip my phone into my clutch and then walk into the hall.

"Hey." I say when I see him. Stunning in a simple black shirt and jeans.

"Hey. You look..." He says, eyeing me. "You look great."

"Thanks Niall."

"Of course, shall we?" He asks, holding out a hand to me. Gladly, I take it and together we walk out of the door.

  Niall insisted that I go somewhere that wasn't American, since its my first time in London. Together, we end up in a place that was completely unfamiliar to me. Paparazzi surround us with cameras and lights, yelling questions and demands. Smiling, we wave and enter the restaurant.

"I really hope you forgive me. I didn't expect the paparazzi to be waiting." He murmurs, looking into my eyes.

"Yeah, of course, its fine. I need to get used to it if we win the contest anyways." I say, smiling wider. He smiles at me, relived, and tugs on my hand, puling me to the counter.

Two hours later, Niall and I are walking around the park that's by where the girls and I are staying. The sun is sinking in the horizon, creating the perfect sunset. A never-leaving smile is settled on my face, as Niall swings our hands back and forth. Our fingers intertwined perfectly in each others.

"Can I ask you something, Ni?" I ask, staring up at the starry sky. Looking over at me, he grins, flashing his perfect, white teeth.

"Yeah, anything love." He murmurs.

"Okay, um...whatarewe?" I ask quickly.

"I didn't quite catch that. A bit slower this time, yeah?" 

"What are we?" I ask, biting my lip.

"Hmm, good question. I suppose, we are dating. If that's what you want. Since we did sleep together." He says, nodding, still starring at me.

I nod, feeling his hot gaze on the side of my face. My eyes scan the park around us. Pulling my arm, he turns me around to face him.

"Look at me love." He breathes. My eyes meet his, and all I see is him, everything else fades away. Its like they describe in the books, all I see is him.

"Do you trust me?" He asks. As those words leave his lips, his eyes turn a funny shade almost black.

I gasp as the little veins under his eyes darken against his paling skin.

"What are you?!" I shriek.