Chapter 28 ~ Deadly Darkness

**Ellie's POV**

The fire roars before us, as I sit entangled with Niall in a heep of blankets waiting for Perrie and Jade to get back from the store.

A sick, twisted laugh comes from behind me. Hair flying, and terror racing threw me, I whip my head around to find no one. I slowly turn my head back to Niall, my heart racing.

"You heard that right?" I ask, my eyes wide.

"Of course." He says, his accent thick with anger.

The crackling of the glowing fire fills the defening silence. I sigh softly, as I turn back around fully, staring at the orange and red flames. Niall's warm hand softly runs up and down my arm as we sit together. The room glowing with nothing but the fire, shadows dance acrossed the room. In the long minutes of an hour, nothing had happened and Niall relaxed.

"I'm going to get another soda." I say and smile, squeezing Niall's hand as he looks up at me longingly.

"Okay, princess." He says, smiling. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say, and pick up my glass. The hard wood is cold beneath my bare feet, as I walk to the kitchen.

The looming door the basement where Leigh, Jesy, Louis, and Zayn sit is in the kitchen. I realize. Taking a deep breath I step into the kitchen and my eyes scan over the door with the many silver locks. With a shake of my head and silent reassurance from my subconsious, I open the refridgerator, and grab the soda bottle with a shaking hand.

The same evil chuckle as before comes from behind me. The glass that was in my hand, slips and plunges to the floor, shattering everywhere.

"Crap." I mutter to myself, bending down and gently grabbing the bigger peices of glass. I shake my head as I go for a sharper peice. The voice chuckles again, and I whip my head upwards, trying to locate the sound. Nothing.

Looking down once more, my fingers curl around the peice of glass. One edge digs deep into the palm of my hand.

"Shit." I mutter, inspecting my hand. The shard of glass sticks out of my hand, with blood flowing out at  a steady pace from around the wound. The coppery smell hits me, making me dizzy.

"You're dead." A British voice whispers in my ear. Looking up, I finally locate the sound. Louis. Roughly, he shoves me into the counter sending pain exploding from hip.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, gritting my teeth from the pain. No words, nothing come from his lips as his fingers clinch around my throat, cutting off my air supply immediatly.

Distaste and hate radiate from his bloody red eyes, boring in to mine. His hand squeezes harder, as I choke. My hands desperatly claw at his, begging him to let go. Sharp teeth come out from his gums, as he grins evily at me.

Not a second goes by that I dont think about Niall, and our last words. At least he knows how much I love him. His deadly, sharp fangs rip into my neck, sending screams trying to explode from my mouth but nothing comes out.

Blood pours from my neck, as I clutch at it. With an evil laugh he disappears into the darkness. I stifle another scream, and fall onto the floor. With a final gasp, I fall face first onto the kitchen floor, and my eyes flutter closed. The very last reminints of my life and breath fall from my lips as a parting sigh.

Goodbye, my love. Goodbye, my life.