Chapter 16

Fear plunges threw every part of my body, making me shiver. Never, have I ever been afraid of my best friends. And I thought I never would be. I never thought that those were people that were going to make me scared or worried about wether I would live or die. And its not a feeling that I like. I take a slow breath, and rest a hand on Niall's arm.

"Please, watch out for her." I whisper. He nods, looking into my eyes. I unravel myself from Jade's and my embrace, and slowly walk back towards the door. I am fully ready to die today. Not nessisarily by the hand of my best friends but, nevertheless.

"Jesy, Leigh Ann." I call, once next to the door.

"Oh, we're still here. And starving. Help us, El." Leigh Ann says, hungrily. I briefly close my eyes, and steady myself.

"You don't want to do this, though." I start. "Jade and I are your best friends. You vowed, just like we did that you would never hurt us. Remember? What happened to that? Arent we still friends? Sisters?"

Nothing but silence comes from the other side of the door, and I momentarily wonder if they walked away. And so, I continue.

"I thought that covered everything. From a broken heart, to...to turning into something that's not intirly human. I love you girls, and you both know it. I know your there. And I know for a fact that you can both hear me. I don't care what they did to you. You are both going to listen to me do you understand?" I rant, my voice becoming stronger as I continue.

"Yes." Jesy whispers, resting her head against the door.

"Now, I don't care what you are. You know I love you both no matter what. And the fact you are turning to us just because of a hunger is crazy. Love and sisterhood should make a difference." I say, and take a deep breath readying myself for what I'm about to say. "Remember that night, that I told you girls what had happened to me as I child? Those horrible things. And we held each other, all night, crying. because that's what sisters do. I love you both so much more than you know. More than you can comprehend. And no amount of hunger should change all of the things that you know about me. And it wont. I know what your becoming. And I know it hurts. But, Jade and I are not the people you turn into prey. Do you hear me?"

"Yes." Jesy repeats.

"Leigh?"

"Yes." She says.

"Good." I mutter, "Now, do you think I can open the door and talk to you both nicely without you trying to attack me?"

"Of course, El." Leigh says.

"And Jade?" I say, raising my eyebrows.

"We wont hurt either of you. Our word on that." Jesy says.

I nod to myself and grab the door handle, slowly pulling the door open. I look out at the guilty faces of Leigh and Jesy.

"I'm so sorry." Jesy says.

"Your forgiven. At least on my part." I murmur.

"Me too. I am exteremly sorry." Leigh says, hanging her head.

"We're just so hungry." Jesy says, looking at me. I nod and look past the girls, Perrie and Harry, the ones that were blocking the hall, are now being held back. By none other than Louis and Zayn. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion, and I look back to the girls.

"What exactly happened?" I question.

"Louis and Zayn are the ones that turned us." Leigh Ann fills in.

Slowly, I nod. The blanks filling in.

"They were the ones encouraging us to feed from you guys." Jesy says. Again, I nod and look at the sinister smiles on their faces.

"Where's Bre and Liam?" I question.

"Always! Its always about her!" Leigh Ann yells, smashing her hand against the wall. I jump, and stare at her in alarm.

"She does have a point." Jesy says quietly.

"I'm sorry that's how it seems to you guys. I don't mean it like that. But, I've known her longer. And I know the things her family put her threw. So, I feel closer to her, and naturally, I worry about her a bit more." I say, my eyes wide.

"Always about her." Leigh Ann mutters, quietly.

"And maybe that's why you, 'naturally' ignore us?!" Jesy questions, getting angry.

"I don't mean too. I'm sorry." I say.

"Yeah, your sorry. Now that theres a possibility that we could kill you." Leigh Ann says, staring back at me.

I nod. And grip the door tighter, looking at the carpet, and think that this could be my last day alive. This could be the last words I exchange with the girls I called my sisters, and with my love. A shaky breath excapes me, and I let one tear fall. This could be my end, my life's end, at the hand of my so called, sisters.