10. Terrible Love

The woman was useless. She told me even less than David did, and that was next to nothing.

Maybe Undyne was right- giving up seemed the most logical and easy thing to do round about now.

"Tell me something or you'll be dead in seconds." I snapped, looming over the woman. In the house, there was a basement, only really used for storage or Grillby's things, but it was easy to turn it into a prison for a hostage. She sat in a chair with her hands tied behind her back, an unimpressed look on her face.

"I've already told you everything, asshole. It's not likely that you're gonna find anything else." She snarled, visibly struggling against the rope burning her wrists. She had bruises around her neck and on her temple where I had attacked her, and light brown hair tied back in a ponytail. Wearing a black t-shirt and some army-styled trousers, on her feet were combat boots and a gun holster was strapped to her side, despite the fact that there was no gun inside. 

"Tell me, Marli, why the fuck would you still be here if I knew you had nothing else to tell me?" I shot back, getting uncomfortably close to her. A glimmer of fear crossed her face, but it quickly left, and I could tell she was regretting telling me her name earlier.

"Because you're a sadistic freak monster who doesn't have anything better to do." She smiled maliciously, her stare unwavering. Rolling my eyes, I straightened my back and swiveled on my heels, slowly pacing the room.

"Lets take a different approach," I began, feeling her eyes on me, never stopping. I could give her points for being very meticulous in her resilience, but other than that she was just frustrating. "You answer my questions, and I'll let you go." I waited for her reply, as she considered the thought.

"Or you could just let me go. Not before I kill you, of course."

"Fine. Have fun in the dark." I sang eerily, approaching the door and flicking the light off, watching triumphantly as her face turned from cockiness to fear.

I slammed the door behind me, groaning silently and rubbing my face. It was as if I couldn't stop myself, from doing the things that I did, like the real me was just watching as this person continued on, turning slowly into a psychopath. Before any tears could escape, I teleported to my room, slumping down on the wilted sofa, feeling them slide off of my cheek bones as I lay back. The room blurred and swam before my eyes, and I finally laid my them to rest, accepting what was to come.

------9-----------------6-6-6------------------8-------

"What do you want Chara?!" I yelled weakly into the abyss, hearing a eerie cackle echo back to me.

"My oh my, Gaster-Sans, what have you turned into?" Suddenly, she appeared before me, but not her usual child-like self. It was if she had aged slightly, with features sliding between herself and... Frisk.

"Yes," She noticed my reaction to the strange vortex looking event on her face, "Our two characters have not fitted together as well as I had hoped. Well, when I say 'fitted together', what I really mean is me taking over her body and absorbing her soul." Chara shrieked with laughter, it ringing painfully in my ears.

"What did you do to her?" I whispered, fearing I would not be able to keep control if I began to scream.

"Which one?" Chara asked playfully, "Frisk," her face morphed into Frisk's, "Or Y/n?" Frisk's features disappeared and were replaced with Y/n's. My heart stilled, and I felt my 'insides' quake and twist, wanting to throw up so desperately.

"Yes, yes, the memories are too great, or whatever." Chara waved her hand as tears slipped involuntarily down my cheeks. Her translucent form grew hazy as bile threatened to escape my mouth, making me clutch my sides in feeble desperation. This was not reality, a mere dream, but it only made the episodes all the worse. It felt like a downward spiral inside of me, and I had nothing to combat it; no cigarettes, no people, no sleep- nothing. I had nothing left.

"You have nothing to lose, as goes the saying. You know, I have ruined a lot of people in my time, but you by far have been the most fun to break," Chara giggled, stepping forward. Suddenly, Y/n materialized beside her, but I knew, I knew it wasn't the true girl I loved.

"G...? Why have you... Where are you...?" Her heart-wrenching voice sounded lost and broken as I leaped out to try and touch her, to try and hold her one last time. To no avail- my hands slipped right through her, as if she was nothing but a ghost.

"Y/n, please! I'm right here, I'm right.." I cried out, but my words fell from the air and crashed to the ground as she stared right at me, but only through me. I wasn't there for her, and she wasn't here for me. 

It was a sickening dream, a manipulative nightmare, but I couldn't rise above it.

"Why have you left me...? Why have you... forgotten me...?" She whispered, reaching out her hands like she was in a dark room, unable to see anything.

"I haven't I haven't please Y/n, please see me!" I sobbed, throwing out my hands to try and touch her. I was choking on my own tears and sick as I fell to my knees, her words like funeral bells screaming in my mind.

"Die, Gaster-Sans." Chara's once child-like voice now echoed like burning acid in my mind, as she stood with the height of a giant, raising her foot and bringing it down upon me all within a moment. 

And then-

Darkness.

-------------------83--------------99--666------------0101--------------