15. Solidified

A/n: Hiya guys, sorry for not updating yesterday! Here's that much wanted chapter. .

"Well she couldn't have gotten far." Grillby murmured behind me as I scratched the back of my skull.

"Even so, there ain't many monsters around here who could've seen her. She's probably long gone." I groaned, sighing before swiveling on my heel and jogging up the stairs. Humans, why did I even associate with them?

You know why, my conscience whispered, and I threw away the thought. To say all humans were the same was to say that all monsters had no differences between them, and that was just a clear as crystal lie.

Returning to my shabby old room on the first floor of the house, I opened some of the drawers of the cabinet leaning against the wall, fishing around for a new change of clothes. I had standards, and staying in one outfit for 3 days didn't meet those standards.

Once in a new set of clothes, I began to ponder all that had happened over the past few days; from finding out that Y/n still, thank God, was alive, to capturing a human only to have them escape - not forgetting that I met chara in person (if you can even call it that) for the second time.

However, my tentative thoughts were abruptly cut off as a loud thumping sounded from downstairs. Someone at the door, it seemed, when I heard Matthias scampering to the door and shouting enthusiastically "I'll get it, I'll get it!". Taking one last look at the open drawers, I sighed, knowing I would probably regret this later.

Placing my hand back into the flood of cloth, I felt around until my fingers met cold metal. Retrieving the gun, I nestled it safely inside of the holster strapped to the inside of my jacket.

"What the hell," I sighed, "Finding Marli will be difficult with or without it anyway."

Satisfied, I closed the door behind me, and descended the stairs.

Matthias was, as I heard before, standing before the open door, and to no surprise, there stood Undyne, with her usual unimpressed expression on her face. However, there was a certain solemnity hidden in her eyes that set me on guard. It was strange that I was able to pick up on it; psycho-analyzing Undyne was hard anyway, kinda like talking to a brick wall. Futile, and unlikely to achieve much.

"And the issue today is...?" I drawled, folding my arms. Her eyebrows knit together, and you could practically feel the irritation radiating off of her.

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you've been gone for three days, and instead update you on the latest." I quirked an eyebrow as her expression tightened.

"They - one of the Royal Guard's patrols - found a human, on the outskirts of the south fence." She spoke, her voice laced with seriousness. Something like anticipation built in my stomach, but I extinguished it as soon as it came. It wouldn't be possible that Y/n would be out of the void so soon; it had been hours since I had got back, and hours here were mere minutes there, seconds even.

"Why'd you come to me then?"

"Asgore said it wasn't necessary when I suggested to bring you, as you're not so.. involved anymore. But I came anyway." Undyne sighed.

"Well then," I began, catching her attention, "Let's go." Surprise flickered on her face for a moment before she nodded and a small smirk appeared on her face.

"Matthias, tell Grillby I'm off to the Capital." I looked behind me, motioning for him to go. He grinned, proud to do something for me I supposed, and then ran off into the bar, his purplish dragon tail flicking behind him.

I smiled for a moment, and turning back to Undyne I saw a devilish grin on her face. I rolled my eyes, pushing past her and walking out to the deserted road.

"We're not gonna teleport?"

"Nah, I um, expended a lot of magical energy recently." I shrugged, beginning to walk down the gravelly road to the Capital.

-+=/;'-

"Let go of me you, you freaks!" A feminine voice shrieked from inside the training room, echoing out into the courtyard Undyne and I were travelling through. Undyne glanced at me, and I groaned internally, not looking forward to the 'meet & greet'.

Pushing open the double doors with the sunlight on our backs, we entered, immediately spotting Royal Guards #1 and #2 grappling with Marli. I had a strong feeling it would be her. Asgore, Toriel and Papyrus, along with some other officials stood parallel to them, and Marli didn't look great. Mud and dirt covered her skin and black clothes, with a streak of dried blood on her face. Even from here I could see the fire in her eyes as she tried to pull from the guards' iron grips.

All faces turned to us as our shadows stretched along the floor with the sunlight pouring in through the doors until they swung shut and the golden glow was all but present.

"HIM! He's the one who captured me!!" Marli shrieked again, pointing a bloody finger at me. I cursed internally as all eyes settled on me.

"G-Sans? Is this true?" Toriel's silvery but strong voice rang out, and I sighed.

"You're in deep crap my friend." Undyne murmured beside me, and she was right.

I was in deep.

Great.

-88----0010-------966-----548-----