29. Made Of LOVE

It felt like falling, like losing and winning at the same time.

It felt like drowning, like being able to see the glimmering surface of the water, but having no strength to kick my legs and swim to the surface.

I felt G's grip loosening on my hand, but I couldn't search for it again as the searing light filled my vision and threw me away. I faintly recognized the feeling of a cool breeze on my face and the feeling of fresh air, not found in the Void but the place I had not been to in so long. The vague sound of a bird's song comforted me slightly, but was soon far from the front of my mind as I felt myself falling again, slipping into unconsciousness. 

It was a welcomed state.

-------

Flashbacks swam around in my mind, my dream-state engulfed only by things of the past, memories I didn't know I could still recount.

It mainly involved memories of my life before the war, of the times I shared with my family and most of all my Mother. One too many times, memories of other timelines made face in my wavering conscience, especially those of Sans and Chara. I cherished the moments where we shared a drink or a laugh, or we marveled at the hilarity of Papyrus' puzzles, but those happy scenarios came few and far between compared to the nightmarish recounts of me instead turning all my friends to dust.

It felt like I didn't know those people, like the other me's in the other timelines were not who I really was, yet as I was remembering them, I remembered the emotions I felt too, the thoughts that I had had and the actions that I took. It felt too real, and so I decided in my dream-state somehow, that I would concentrate on the timeline that felt the most real to me, the one where I felt grounded and valid next to so many other timelines. This one. It was my favourite by far anyway, and that may or may not have something to do with G (don't look at me like that!). Could you blame me?

My thoughts were interrupted as a hazy, muffled voice began to clear away the mist that was clogging up my mind, pulling me from the depths of my unconscious state to something much brighter.

------------

Bright sunlight glowed behind my closed eyes, urging me to open them as my senses returned to me. A cold breeze fluttered over my bare arms causing goosebumps to erupt on my skin. The ground that I was lying on, I discovered, was hard but also soft, with cushioning and spiky shards that I soon found was grass. My fingers and feet were numb, but as I tried to wiggle them, feeling slowly returned. Pressure built up behind my eyes, expelling a painful headache that forced me to let out a soft groan.

"Y/n?" A soft, quiet voice invaded my ears, and my eyes opened again, ignoring the harsh sunlight that only heightened my headache. Slowly, I turned my head, my neck complaining immediately. I squinted, letting my eyes adjust, and I found the owner of the voice to be G, sitting with his forearms resting on his knees beside me. He smiled when I finally realized, but his gaze dropped when I winced in pain. I was exhausted, and wouldn't really mind it if we just stayed like this for another week or month, maybe.

"G?" I murmured, growing restless when even my throat hurt. That whole ordeal, fighting Chara, had taken a lot out of me. My legs felt like lead, and all I could move at the moment was my eyes, my lips, and my head. Frisk's warm eyes appeared in my mind, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes as I exhaled shakily, returning my gaze to the calm blue sky above us. I sensed G following my gaze, the silence around us thick as I relished the fact that this was the first time I had been back in the real world since.. Since being captured by the humans, and then Chara.

It didn't feel real, but man was I happy that it was.

Turning my head to G again, I tried to lift my hand, feeling a blink of hope when it obeyed. G regarded me as I lifted my hand over to his and took it. He gripped it gently, the graces of a smile on his stark white face as he caught my gaze with his own.