Season 1||Chapter 28

Ninas POV

Senkhara shot lightning bolts in every direction, causing us all to duck behind whatever was closest to us. Me and Eddie ran towards her instead. We held hands and used our spare hands to shoot back at her.

Jerome and Fabian decided to try the same thing. They ran forward and copied me and Eddie.

This clearly isn't working enough.

I let go of Eddies hand and Fabian let go of Jeromes and individually we all began shooting lighting bolts at her. She shot back twice as fast and hit Alfie in the chest...

"ALFIEEE!!" Amber screamed running towards him.
"Nooo!" The rest of us screamed.

TWO DAYS EARLIER

"Yeah. Cool. Okay, see you then KT. Bye." I say as I ended the call to KT.

I looked at my alarm clock:

00:07AM.

KT is getting on her flight later on today (well, yesterday. It's hard to explain. Time zones are stupid.)

All day today we have been planning how to take down Senkhara and how to trap her for good. I'm a bit worried..she hasn't made my mark hurt for awhile now. Jeromes hasn't hurt either. She's plotting something. But we will defeat her, no matter how long it takes. I'm done with her controlling my life.

"She should be here by dinner tomorrow guys." I message everyone on the group chat on our phones. Named 'Sibuna' of course.

Sometimes I really hate technology but then again, it can be used for good stuff. I laugh as Alfie keeps sending funny gifs about spirits.

Who'd have thought they were real.

No one knows the half of it.

I laugh as I think back to every thing we have accomplished. I'm glad I came here. It's the BEST decision I have EVER made. No doubt in my mind about that.

I hear a slight knock on the door. Ambers asleep, so I tiptoe out of my bed, slipping my slippers on that my gran had given me last year. I miss her.

I open the door and see my boyfriend. Boyfriend. I love saying that, it has a nice ring to it.

"Hey." I say leaning on the door frame. "What are you doing here?" I ask after kissing him on the cheek and leaning on the door frame again.

"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go for a little stroll around the school grounds? If you're not tired of course?" He asks with that cute grin and puppy dog eyes.

"How can I say no to that face." I say. "Give me two seconds to get changed."

I start to turn around but he grabs my hand.
"No don't. I'm in my pjamas. See? Don't worry about it, it's not like anyone else is going to be walking around at this time." He chuckles.

"I guess you've got a point there." I laugh back.

"So you coming?" He extends his arm, urging me to come.

"Yeah." I chuckle and quietly shut the door.

We make our way down the stairs making sure to be quiet so we don't wake anyone up.

We get to the 8th stair. I stop.

"Hey, remember when we pried up this floor board and the next day Victor slipped down the stairs and sprained his ankle?" I laughed/whispered.

"How could I forget?" He laughed back and squeezed my hand. "That was our first quest. It seems like that was ages ago now.." his voice drifts off a bit.