Christmas Special!

Ninas POV

It's finally the Christmas holidays!! Well it has been for a few weeks but Trudy has finally gone and bought us a Christmas tree to put up in the living room today.
Even if it is the 20th Of December

Herself, Eddie and Mr Sweet went to pick up the tree. While they are gone we are going to surprise Trudy by setting the dinner table (making it festive), clearing some room for the tree to go and by hanging up some decorations around the whole house.

"It's really cool that all of our parents have let us stay here for Christmas, isn't it?" Patricia asked everyone in the living room whilst passing me some tinsel to put on top of the photo frames.

"I'm really glad I get to spend Christmas with this one." Fabian said kissing me on the head.

I blushed and said "Me too. Not like I have anywhere else to go." I laugh.

"Neens.." Amber began.

"Amber it's fine. I may not be spending Christmas with my gran or parents this year - or ever again for that fact - but I'm over the moon to be spending it with you all. You guys are my family now." I smile to them all.

Fabian put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed it.

"You're our family too." Joy chimes in.

"Enough with the cringiness then guys let's get some of this wrapped around the stair banister." Patricia said looking at the tinsel with disgust. I laughed.

She really hates tinsel.

A few hours of decorating later and Trudy, Eddie and Mr Sweet had finally returned with the tree. I haven't had a real Christmas tree in years. It felt refreshing in a way.

"Boys can you all come and help me get the rest of the tree decorations down from the attic please my lovelies?" Trudy asked the boys.

They all groaned and waddled up the stairs following Trudy.

"So, what have you gotten Fabian for Christmas??" Patricia asked me.

"I've got him his favourite chocolates, books on different things like science, history & Egyptian mythology - and a guitar." I replied feeling really confident.

"Neens don't you think you should of got him more than that?" Amber said quietly.

"Not really because the guitar I got him is the one signed by his favourite guitarist. He's wanted it for a while and tried getting it on one of those bidding auction things. He came to me and told me how gutted he was that someone had beat him and -" I say when Patricia interrupts:

"You were the one who beat him." She laughed.

"Yeah, it cost a fortune though. He wouldn't stop upping the price." I laughed.

Mara walked past, overheard us and said "Did this happen at the end of November?"

"Yeah?" I asked confused.

"So that's why he was sulking around the hallways at school for about a week, at the beginning of the month! I thought he got a bad grade on a test or something." Mara laughed.