10. "You're what is wrong."

Harry

Louis was pacing the floor, occasionally running a nervous hand through his hair, before groaning at something that only he knew.

“ What happened, Louis?” I questioned, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He sighed, before turning his regretful blue eyes to meet my own, and that was when he groaned again, shaking his head.

“ Louis, is mum okay? Is everything okay?” I rose from my seat, suddenly panicked, unable to handle any more bad news.

“ No, no, Anne is fine, Harry. It’s not that. It’s-“ It was the pause, or maybe the sigh, or perhaps it was how his eyes escaped my own yet again. His mere presence signaled towards Judith.

“ It’s something related to Judith, isn’t it?” As the question went past my lips, I was already heading to the door, preparing myself to go to her rescue, forgetting about her constant request for me to leave and never come back. At that very moment, I didn’t care.

“ Just sit down and I’ll tell you everything.” Louis whispered, throwing his body onto the couch, before burying his face into his hand.

“ What is it?” I asked from my spot.

“ I was out with the lads, and we went to this bar, and as soon as we got inside, I spotted her. At first I ignored it, but then I saw that dick injecting something into her arm and-“

“ That fucking bastard, I will kill him, I swear to God, I’ll kill him!”

“ Just let me fucking finish.” Louis half yelled, half demanded, as he allowed his eyes to firmly look into mine. I nodded, clinching my fists and releasing them attempting to rid myself of the rage suddenly taking over.

“ I stopped them, took her by the arm, and walked her home. She wasn’t exactly well enough to walk alone, and we had a minor argument, but yeah, I followed her until I made sure she made it home safe, and then I came here.”

“ What argument? What happened?” A certain sense of relief washed over me when I heard that she made it home safe.

“ I don’t want to go into details, but bottom line is, I was a prick and she probably hates me but she knows as well as I do that I was right, Harry. I was fucking right. I can’t be around the bush, and I can’t keep quiet the way you do. So I just let it all out. And it felt good. Sort of.” I could tell that Louis felt guilty, a small smile tugging at my lips at the thought of me, knowing him as well as I did. I was so thankful for him, even though I would never say it to his face, mostly because he’d never ever let it go.

“ What did she do? Did she yell at you or something? Or wait, she cussed you out, didn’t she?” I questioned.

“ Actually, she didn’t do anything. She just gave me that fucking look- as if I stabbed her in the heart, took the knife out, and stabbed her again. It was devastating, man. I am not used to this emotional, Judith, and I didn’t quite like her.” Louis and I were sitting face to face now, so I knew he noticed the inevitable frown forming between my eyebrows.

“ She must have been really hurt. She never does that.” I automatically scammed through all the memories we shared together, and I couldn’t spot one occasion during which she acted that way.

“ To be fair, I had never seen Judith like this, Harry. She didn’t seem remotely like herself, probably because of the drugs.” Louis said, shrugging his shoulder.

“ Yeah, the drugs, that’s probably it.” I attempted to convince myself, but every fiber of my being told me that something was wrong with Judith. Something very, very bad. I knew Judith, nothing would ever break her that way, she would never allow anything or anyone to do that to her.

“ Louis, you need to go talk to her.” I demanded.

“ What the hell, I’ve got nothing more to say to her.”

“ No, you don’t understand. This isn’t like, Judith. I know her, she never dwells over anything for too long, she always recollects herself before allowing anyone to witness her weakness. So for her to be the way she is, something must be terribly wrong.” Louis’ eyes scanned my features for any signs of knowing, but there weren't any. A humorless chuckle went past his lips, thinking that I was fooling around, when I wasn’t.

“ You really don’t know what’s wrong? Jesus, Harry, you can’t possibly be this absurd.” Louis said, still unable to detect the thin line between my humor, and my seriousness. I shrugged my shoulder unknowingly.

“ It’s you, Harry. You’re what went wrong. You’re what is wrong. She lost you, and that was it for her. You were all she had, and now, she has nothing.”

Me?

I was all what she had?

No, I couldn’t possibly be what ruined her.

She was the one who asked me to go. She was the one who told me she never wanted to hear from me again.

She thought I rejected her, but still.

In a way, I did reject her. Twice.

Shit.

Unknowingly, my fingers were dialing a number they knew by heart, waiting for that voice; her voice, to either revive me, or absolutely kill me.

______________________________________________________________

A/N: LESS THAN 24 HOURS BETWEEN EACH UPDATE AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY! I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am, and please let me know what you think and I'll dedicate the next chapter to you :) lots of love x