Chapter 8

----------

Nerd

----------

Maggie

Ethan and I walked into his house and Grayson and Bridget bombarded us with questions. We walked passed them and put the groceries on the kitchen counter.

"Are you two together?" Bridget showed us a picture that was just sent to her of us kissing.

"Who sent you that?"

"Lindsey."

"Are you two together?!" Grayson asked loudly

"Kind of?" I looked at Ethan.

"Oh my god! Ethan's the guy you hooked up with!" Bridget gasped and covered her mouth.

"Stop."

"I'm right aren't I?"

"Yes you're right. But, we aren't together."

"Wait! So that means you.." I covered her mouth quickly and her eyes got big.

"Haha. No it doesn't!" I grabbed her hand and dragged her upstairs.

"You like Ethan?!" She whisper yelled.

"I think so?"

"Oh my god! That's amazing!"

"No it's not. Everyone still sees him as this nerd, when he's so much more than that."

"You still see him as a nerd."

"I like nerdy Ethan."

No you don't.

"So then what's bad about everyone else seeing him as a nerd?"

"Because Bridget. We have a social status, and if I date Ethan, that brings our popularity down."

"That's seriously what you're worried about?"

"Yes. I want to win prom queen."

"You're so fucking shallow."

"B. You understand don't you?"

"Uh, no. Ethan is my friend, and if you think he'll make us unpopular you have this all wrong." She turned around and marched down the steps leaving me alone.

You're ruining this for yourself.

Fuck off.

----------

Bridget and I walked into school the following Monday and I felt people laughing and whispering.

"What were they saying?" We walked to class.

"They were saying how you've already messed with all of the popular people, now you have to move to nerds."