Chapter 19

----------

Nerd

----------

Maggie

I woke up in Bridget's bed with a pounding headache.

"Babes. I don't remember last night." I shook her arm and she sat up rubbing her eyes.

"You never fucking do Maggie." She was pissed. She always is when I drink.

"Was I bad?"

"Ethan told you to slow down on the drinks, but, you didn't listen. Then he said if you don't come with him, he's breaking up with you. Well, you stormed outside and he left."

"What?" I seriously don't remember that.

"I'm serious Maggie. You fucked up this time." She rolled her eyes and got out of bed.

"I'm calling him." I grabbed my phone and started typing in his number.

"No Maggie! Do you not fucking understand that Ethan was extremely upset last night?!"

"I want to call him!" I pressed call and it rung a few times.

"What?"

"Ethan, I'm so sorry. Please believe me, I didn't mean to get that drunk." I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, making my headache worse.

"That's the thing Maggie! You should have listened to me!"

"I know. And I deeply regret it. But, I don't want to lose you." Tears dropped from my eyes as his voice got louder.

"I didn't sign up to be in a relationship with drunk Maggie. And I'm not your parents who will just take care of you."

"Can I see you?" I was barely able to get the words out.

"No. I think you should lose my number." And with that he hung up.

"I'm so fucking stupid!" I grabbed a pillow and sobbed into it.

"Maggie. Stop crying." She got in bed with me and rubbed my arm.

"God, I fucking care about that kid so much, Bridget. And I was too stupid drunk to realize I would lose him."

"Stop crying, you're gonna make yourself sick."

"I'm just gonna go home." I wiped the tears off my face and stood up grabbing my things.

"What? Why?"

"I just want to be alone right now."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I walked out of her room and down the steps when Grayson walked in with Ethan behind him. "Ethan."

His eyes were wet and bloodshot and he had to force himself to walk away. Which broke me more. But, I knew I had to leave.

I walked to my car and started crying again, hitting my steering wheel. I backed out of her driveway and found myself driving to my house.