Chapter 20

----------

Nerd

----------

Maggie

"All seniors to the gym for a group picture." A girl's voice appeared over the intercom and all seniors walked out of class to the gym.

Bridget grabbed my hand and walked with me.

I saw classes come down the steps next to us and head to the gym like we were. Out of habit, I looked for Ethan who was walking next to Grayson.

"I miss him." I said quietly to Bridget.

"I know Babes."

"It's the last day of school, and this was not how I thought it'd end."

We got to the gym and we sat down, Bridget sitting next to Grayson, and Ethan and I on either ends of them.

"She was crying all night." I heard Bridget whisper to Grayson.

Not much of a whisper if you ask me.

"Better than this Dumbass who punched a hole in his wall."

"Do you ever shut the fuck up?" I felt Ethan's anger radiate around him.

"You're the one who broke up with her. So don't be mad at me, dumb fuck."

"Stop." I whispered

"Grayson, stop." Bridget said.

"Why should I stop? They're fucking perfect for each other! I'm not gonna sit here and let them fuck it up because they aren't sure about it."

I felt the tears come to my eyes and looked at Ethan grabbing onto the bleacher tightly. His knuckles turning white. "You done?" Ethan asked

"Are you done being a little bitch?"

"Grayson, seriously. Stop."

"Fuck you Grayson." Ethan stood up and rushed out of the gym.

"Go talk to him." Bridget said to Grayson.

"No. Fuck him." I took it upon myself to follow him and he sat on the floor against the trophy case with his head in his hands.

"Ethan." The tears were on the verge of coming and he looked over at me rolling his eyes.

"Maggie. Please leave me alone." He wiped his eyes.

"I can't. I don't know how many times you want me to say it. I'm sorry." A single tear falling.

"Please leave Maggie. I'm serious this time." I stood there for a minute letting the tears fall.

"I love you." It almost didn't come out. The tears forcing their way out now.

"No you don't. If you did you would have come with me."

"Don't say that Ethan. Please."

"Leave, Maggie."