One chance

Shawn's POV:
It's my first show in Canada of the  Illuminate World Tour. I'm looking at all the people who came here tonight just to hear me sing my songs. My fans and family. My dream came true.

The flashlights moving in sync as I sing Never Be Alone. I should be more happy than anything but something's missing. Someone is missing.

My best friend Y/n. Well, I better say ex best friend. I don't think she wants to have to do something with me anymore. I haven't seen, called or texted her in about two years.

I don't blame her. It's my fault. I let all the fame and stress get to me and forgot one of the most important persons in my life. The one who always supported me with my dream.

I watch the people in the front row singing along to me. None of their faces are familiar. I see a girl holding up a sign, making me look down at her.

What? That can't be... Y/n? She puts the sign down and smiles up at me. Beautiful long hair. A bright smile. Adorable dimples and mesmerizing eyes. This has to be her. I open my mouth but no words are coming out anymore.

The crowd just continues to sing, thinking I'm doing it on purpose. She crosses her arms and laughs at me. I couldn't hear her but I can imagine her cute laugh so well.

After a few moments I start to smile too and finally sing again. My eyes almost never leaving hers. Why would she want to see me? I finish the last song and look at the front row again, but Y/n isn't there anymore.

My smiles drops. Where is she? I quickly run off stage almost tripping. "Woah Shawn, from what are you running away?" Andrew chuckles.

"Where's Y/n? Was she here?" I ask hopefully. Andrew just looks at me confused. "Shawn, I think that's for you." Brian says smiling and points towards the door of my dressing room.

I grab the little note which is sticking there and read it. "Come and find me. Remember where we first met? I'm not going to wait forever ;)"

I start to grin. I guess she doesn't want it to be that easy for me. I deserve it anyways. She always loved riddles and adventures. I grab my hoodie and run to the door.

"Where are you going? You know that you can't just go out now." Andrew shouts after me but I'm already running down the hall to an exit on the back of the building.

It's dark outside the moon dipping the streets into a dim light. Where did we meet? In her neighborhood near a forest. That's only about 10 minutes away.

I start to run again. After a break and taking the wrong turn, I arrive in front of her parent's house panting heavily. I wonder if she still lives here. I walk the rest of the way to the forest with a little playground.

She's not here. Maybe another clue? Where could it be? The wooden swings. She loved them. There's actually a note. I take it and read again. "Guess you made it so far. "Where was our favourite place on cold days?"

I still know that! The little cafe we always went to on winter days. I start to run into the direction and after about 20 minutes I arrive. Taking deep breath I lean against the cold wall. I hope I was thinking right.

I sigh and walk in. The smell immediately bringing back memories. I look around but don't see anyone besides two waitresses and an older man.

"Excuse me sir, have you seen a girl here? Long y/h/c hair, not so tall and-" "Oh yes I've seen her." The man says and smiles. "She seemed very busy."

"What did she do? Did she leave something here?" I ask getting impatient. "Let me think." he says slowly and leans back. I roll my eyes. I don't have time for this now!

I have to talk to her. But what am I even gonna say? Sorry that I didn't talk to you for two years? Well no. My thoughts get interrupted by the old man.

"She walked in and talked with the waitress over there." he says and points to the red headed waitress, who was about to leave the cafe.

"Thank you sir but I have to go now." "Good luck." he shouts and chuckles. "Hey umm-" I say, tapping the waitress on her shoulder.

"I should give you this." she smiles and hands me a note. "Thank you!" I exclaim happily. "Seems like you really like her. Don't let her go." the young waitress answers and winks at me. I scratch my neck and nod.

I really like Y/n. More than a friend. I always have but I never told her. Remembering the note in my hand, I open it. "Where is my favourite place in the whole world?"

"Her favourite place..." I mumble to myself sighing. That can be so many places. I stroke through my hair nervously and walk out of the cafe. I try to think of all the places we've been.

I don't know! I would have to search too long. I don't have her number anymore therefore I can't even call her. "F*ck" I curse. Where could her favourite place be ? Think!

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder, causing me to turn around and I can't believe who is standing there. "Hey Shawn." Y/n says, smiling slightly. "Y/n..." I breath out and pull her into a tight hug.

She hugs me back and buries her head into my chest. We stand there for a while just m hugging each other. I missed that so much.

"I'm sorry I don't really know where your favourite place is." I mumble. "Right here." she whispers and squeezes me tighter. "What?" I ask and pull away a bit so I can see her face."

To be in your arms. That's my favourite place Shawn." she grins.

I could feel the tears welling in my eyes. "How did you get to my dressing  room?" I ask. There are bodyguards and Andrew doesn't  know her.

"I have my ways." she laughs. I laugh too. That's the Y/n I know. I sigh and stroke over her cheek.

"I'm so sorry... for everything. For leaving and for not being there for you. I know that I'm the worst best friend ever. I missed you so much but I didn't show it ,I know. I should have at least called sometimes." I mumble and look down.

"You know I should actually hate you." she sighs. I just nod. "But I don't, Shawn. I missed you too." She says and lifts my chin. I look into her watery eyes and smile.

"Does that mean I get a second chance?" I ask. I still hold her close to me but it doesn't seem to bother her. Should I do it? "Yes but that's only one you get." she answers. I nod my head grinning and just stare at her.

"What?" she chuckles. "I have to do something." I whisper and press my lips onto hers. She kisses me back which makes me smile into the kiss. I'm so glad I have her back. The person I love the most..

Here's the first imagine! :) Hope you like    it and if you have any requests tell me!