I'm not like them

Your POV:
I can't help but feel how the heat rushes to my cheeks as our gazes meet, one of his eyelids pressing down into a wink.

Before my heart had the chance to start pounding faster, I turn back to the girl in front of me. My eyes landing on my half empty cup filled with the bitter liquid which I can't stand at all but well... what is a party full of celebrities without alcohol?

Am I one of them? No. Not yet, at least. I don't know if I'll ever be but who knows what future has in store for me. How I got here? Long story short.

Being an actress has always been my dream job, therefore I went to an acting school for two years until some months ago I finally got to have a side role in a new teen romance movie that is soon to come out.

Guess who had one of the main roles? Yep. Shawn. Who has now been one of my really good friends for almost a year. We get along perfectly and it's fun to spend time with him.

After you realize that celebrities are just normal people too, it's way less scary to be around them but still, I'm not really fond of being at this party. I mean, I'm just the friend of a singer. I'm still not an actress or somewhat famous.

„What are you thinking about, sweetie?" I hear her quirky voice ask, causing my attention to snap back to her. „Huh? Me? Uh..." I mumble, being caught off guard for a few moments. The smile she wears on her petite face, grows into a sly smirk and her eyes avert to the boy some feet behind us.

„He likes you a lot, you know." Camila tells me, nudging my arm softly but I only shrug while circling around the red solo cup. I have to admit that I already noticed but... it's complicated. „I've never seen him doubting himself as much as these past months." She adds and I lift a brow.

„He doubts himself? About what?" I question, curiously. Camila smiles shaking her head as her eyes meet mine. "About what dress shirt or T-shirt he should wear because he is not sure what you like better, about how he should do his hair, about how often he should text you without seeming obsessive... stuff like that." She replies, making me bite my lip.

„Oh." I breath out, having no clue why he would stress about that so much. Because like, I'm just me. Nothing special. "Oh? That's it?" She chuckles. „I would faint if someone cared about me, the way Shawn cares about you. For months now, may I add."

„Yeah, it's really nice. No wonder he is such a good friend." I cough to cover up my awkward respond after taking a sip of the horrible drink in my hand. God, how can people like tequila? Camila only gives me an ‚are you serious?' look.

„You know how he feels about you." She points out while refreshing her dark red lipstick, admiring herself in a little mirror she had in her handbag.

„What? No, no... he never said anything specific. We are good friends." I argue but shivers run down my spine as I see this knowing smirk on her lips again, her sight fixed behind me.

I don't even dare to turn around as she murmurs a 'good luck' into my ear, disappearing with my cup.

Before I could beg her to stay, I feel a warm hand cup my shoulder. The scent of his parfum and his touch... I would recognize it everywhere.

The soft 'hey' he greets me with, only confirms my assumption. The corners of my mouth turn up as he steps in front of me with this contagious smile of his.

„Hey, Shawn. What takes you to me? Are you drunk and need someone to bring you home?" I snicker since he still hasn't done anything but smile brightly. His teeth press down on his lower lip as he leans his arm on the railing of the balcony next to us.