Through the years

Shawn's POV:
"Hey, I'm Shawn. Uh... do you want one?" I nervously ask, stretching out my hand which holds the small package of cookies, towards the little girl with the beautiful (y/h/c) hair.

She looks up from her sitting position in the sandbox, examining me for a few moments skeptically before she smiles sweetly.

„Sure, I'm Y/n. Do you wanna help me build this sandcastle?" She questions and I gladly sit next to her, smiling in relief. I wanted to ask her to be my friend since her first day of primary school last week but I was scared that she would find me weird.

„You are new her, right?" I question, digging the red plastic shovel into the sand. "Yes I moved here a week ago. I'm actually from (y/c/n)." "Honestly? That's so cool and do you like it here then?"

„I think it's not gonna be as bad as I thought with my new friend by my side." Y/n smiles, clapping her sand covered hands together to get rid of it.

„Oh uhm... who is it? Maybe I know them?" I question, looking at her curiously. Y/n just giggles, taking another bite of her cookie, causing me to watch her confusedly. "You are funny."

„Uhm... why?" I ask, uncertainly. "I meant you, dummy. You are my friend. If you want." She laughs. "Oh, uh yeah. I do want to." I chuckle, slightly embarrassed. Y/n smiles and I do too, as we continue to finish building the sand castle.
.............................................................................

"My sister always does that with her boyfriend. She says you do that when you like someone." Y/n explains as we sit on the blue swings in her yard. "Oh, okey. I do like you." I reply and the eight year old girl's eyes land on me, a small smile appearing on her face.

„I like you too or else you wouldn't be my best friend." Y/n chirps, bumping with her swing lightly into mine. "Yeah, I know. So we have to do that.. now?" I question, quirking a brow while I point from me to her.

„Exactly, because if we don't, then it would mean you don't like me and I don't like you." She grins, pushing one of her wavey strands behind her left ear, a pink fake flower adorning her head. "Right." I agree, nodding. "You just need to do it like that."

Y/n responds, puckering her lips, after she walked in front of me, coming closer with her face. I mimic her actions, nearing her aswell. "And now?" I whisper as her face is only some inches away from mine.

„Don't talk." She hushes me, before I could feel her mouth pressing to mine. I had no clue what to do so I just hold still, watching as she scrunches up her nose. Only a second later we pull apart, wiping our lips in disgust.

„Eww, that's enough. How can my sister always do that? Anyways, see you in school." Before I know it, my best friend runs inside her house, leaving me outside on the swing.

Kinda shocked I shake my head, rubbing the sleeve of my hoodie over my mouth a second time. Her sister does weird things...I hope I never have to prove that I like her ever again.
.............................................................................

"I can't wait till we finally go to highschool together!" Y/n cheers as we lie on here queen sized bed, in her fairy lights adorned room, listening to music like we a always do on a Friday night.

„Yeah, I can't believe how I survived four years of middle school with you." I joke and she hits my chest playfully. "Shut up. You enjoyed every second of it, dummy."

„Will you ever stop calling me like that?" I scoff, quickly grabbing a small white pillow and throwing it onto her face. It hits her directly, making me laugh.

„If you stop acting like one, then yes Shawnie." Y/n mocks, knowing I hate that nickname even more. Before I could react she jumps onto me, attempting to hit my face repeatedly with a soft pillow but I just hold my hands in front of it.