Don't touch her #2

Y/n's POV:
I take a deep breath before pushing it open. Trying to find my friends, I look around the big sport hall which is decorated like the halls just with more lights.

Non of the faces familiar so far. I sigh as I look through the dancing crowd the sight giving me a slight sting into my heart. There he is dancing with the blonde girl from the cafeteria.

I think she was a cheerleader, I mean what else. I shouldn't care about that. But I do. More like my stupid heart does.

The song ends as I walk down the steps of the now quiet room. My clacking heels drawing the attention of half of the people in the hall at me. Some boys with their mouth open, the popular girls with looks of jealousy or disgust.

I look around and to my surprise even Shawn is staring at me. My heart flutters and cheeks redden as he eyes me up and down but the girl beside him doesn't seem to like that. She tries to get him to look at her but he keeps ignoring her.

Why is it so special to see me in a dress? The whispering and quiet whistles making me uncomfortable. Finally the music starts again. A slow song. Oh great.

I quickly try to disappear into the crowd and for my luck I see Anna, Maya and Adam standing by the  bar. "Y/n!" Maya and Anna squeal pulling me into a tight hug. "Hey." I breath out chuckling.

"Hey girl." Adam greets and hugs me quickly. "I can't believe you came and you look extremely hot." she says nudging my arm. "I mean look at you like everyone was staring, even Shawnie boy." Maya says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Maya..." I mumble blushing. "Ohh so you have a crush on Mendes?" Adam asks smirking. "I have not!" I protest making Maya and Anna laugh. "Sweetie it's so obvious." Anna laughs.

Another slow song comes on and Maya tugs at Adam tie. "Oh my god I love that song! See you guys later and Y/n go and get your boy!" She laughs and heads off with Adam.

As he walks pass me he whispers. "Don't worry, seems like Shawn likes what he's seeing." Anna walks away too, looking for her boyfriend. As inconspicuous as possible I turn around and catch Shawn staring at me. He doesn't look away as our eyes meet which makes my cheeks flush again. Is it hot in here?

"Y/n?" I hear a deep voice ask. I look up to see Mark standing in front of me. Oh shit. "I thought you didn't want to come?" he slurs lightly. He's already drunk really?

"Oh it was a spontaneous decision to come. Sorry that I didn't tell you but I thought you already had another date." I explain. "No problem. What about we take something to drink and sit outside for a bit? Or would you rather dance?" he asks coming nearer to me.

I take a step back but the bar is restricting me from it. "Umm... let's go outside." Mark reaches behind me and takes two cups to fill them with whatever this is.

"Come on." he chuckles and pulls me with him through the people. "You asshole!" A girly voice yells. I turn into the direction if it to see the blonde girl and Shawn. He's holding his cheek with one hand and the girls stomps off angrily.

Did she slap him? But why? Shawn glances over the staring people, his gaze lands on me. I get pulled outside before I could see more.

"You seem tensed. Drink something." Mark laughs and hands me a cup. I look at it thinking but decide to drink it anyways. The burning liquid runs down my throat making me cough.

Mark does the same and sets the empty cup of him on the chair beside him, turning to me. "You look really pretty Y/n." he slurs and puts a hand on my thigh. "T-thanks." I stutter, trying to remove  his hands but he has a strong grip.

"Mark I think you drunk." "Oh baby I'm not that drunk." he laughs and puts on hand of each side of my chair.

He's in the football team I have no chance against him. He leans down smirking and quickly presses his lips to mine. "Get off me!" I mumble but Mark holds me tightly.

He strokes one of his hands up my thigh, the other capturing my wrist. "Don't touch me!" I scream, trying to wiggle away.

"Oh come on don't be like that." he mumbles against my neck. Suddenly Mark got yanked off me violently. "Don't touch her!" I look up to see Shawn towering above him.

His curly hair messy and his chest rising and sinking heavily. Mark stumbles up from the ground  and throws a punch at Shawn but he dodges it, kicking him into his stomach.

Mark kneels down growing when Shawn punches into his jaw. He grabs Mark by his collar to make him look up. "I swear if you ever lay a hand on her again you're gonna end up worse than the hospital." He mutters through clenched teeth.

Shawn starts to hit him again. "Enough!" I yell but he doesn't listen to me. "Shawn stop!" I lay my hand onto his shoulders, trying to pull him off Mark but with no success. "Shawn please stop!" I plead.

He looks at me and back down to a blood covered Mark. Sighing he lets go of him. "Leave!" he screams making me shrug. "Sorry." Mark says, stumbling back into the hall as fast as possible.

"Are you okey?" Shawn asks and tries to cup my cheeks but I take a step back. A sad look washes over his face as he sighs again. "I'm okey. Thank you." I mumble and start to head back.

"Wait! Shawn calls out and grabs my arms gently. I look up at him, waiting for an answer to leave his soft looking lips. Have I ever mentioned that I want to kiss them?

I snap out of my gaze as Shawn starts to talk. "You've really changed. I m-mean of course in a good way! You' are way more girly now." he chuckles referring to my boyish looks back in middle school.

"Well I liked your looks before to just to clarify-" he rambles but I stop him giggling. "It's okey Shawn. You've changed too but I don't know if it was in a good way." I mumble the last part but he heard it.

"Y/n... I'm sorry." he breaths out. "Mhm." I mumble looking down. "Please look at me." he whispers and puts two fingers under my chin to push my head up.

My eyes meet his beautiful brown ones, a hint of sadness and guilt in them. He takes my hand in his and looks up again.

"Listen, I broke my promise I know. I promised to be you best friend forever but I didn't hold that promise. I'm so incredibly sorry. I miss you so much and seeing you with someone else today made me so angry. I should have talked to you sooner. I should have never stopped talking to you but... I don't even know. We kind of drifted apart. Is there any chance to make it up to you? I miss you..." He says and I could feel the tears brim in my eyes.

"I don't know..." I mumble. Yes I have feelings for Shawn but should I really just forgive him? "Please... I'll show you how much you mean to me. Right now!" he says smiling. I look into his pleading eyes and decide to give him another chance.

"Okey." I whisper. "Thank god!" He breaths out making me chuckle. "Just slap me if you want me to stop." Shawn murmurs as he leans down grabbing my cheeks softly. "Like the blonde girl?" I tease.

"Don't remind me. She's so annoying. I'm glad she leaves me alone now." Shawn groans, letting out a chuckle afterwards. "Why did she slap you?" "She said I was constantly staring at your butt." he whispers.

"Did you?" I ask trying to hide a smile, miserably failing. "Hmm..." he hums grinning. "Not constantly. I had to look at the rest of you too. You're so beautiful." he adds and finally connects his soft lips with mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, smiling like an idiot.