The girl from the cover

Y/n's POV:
"We hope you are going to enjoy your time here Ms .(Y/l/n). If there are any problems or questions feel free to ask me." says the principal of Pine Ridge while accompanying me to the door. "Thank you sir." I answer smiling and walk out of his office.

I'm the new exchange student from (y/c/n) and I'm gonna stay in Canada for my senior year. Well there's actually a reason why I wanted to go to Pine Ridge. My favourite singer of all time was going to school here.

I know that he already graduated but this is the closest I've ever been to him. I decide to call my friend Evelyn. After a few rings she picks up. "Hey sweetie! How's Canada so far? And have you met Shawn Mendes?" she asks happily.

"I haven't seen really much yet and no Ev, I haven't met him." I chuckle. "But it's great here." I add. We talk for a bit until she has to hang up. With my schedule in my hand I start to search for my locker. The halls are empty because the students are all in their classes.

The sound of my shoes echoing is making me even more nervous than I already am. What if they don't like me? Or what if I fail in a class and have to leave this school sooner than I'm supposed to? Sighing I finally find my locker and put my things in it.

I still have about twenty minutes before the next lesson starts so I decide to walk around a bit. I put my earphones in and listen to my favourite song. There were many pictures on the walls. Paintings, pictures of the sports teams and posters. I look onto the pictures of the ice hockey teams over the years.

"Oh my god." I chuckle quietly. There's Shawn on a picture when he was younger with his huge ice hockey equipment on. It looks so funny. I take my phone out of my pocket and take a picture of Shawn sending it to Evelyn with the caption "Look how cute he was."

"Does that mean I'm not cute anymore?" a deep voice suddenly asks behind me making me jump. I turn around quickly to see who's standing there. My eyes grow wide and I blink a few times to see if I'm just hallucinating. That can't be true. Shawn Mendes is standing in front of me right now. "What?" Is all I manage to get out.

I could slap myself for that. I probably look like an idiot. "I asked if you don't think that I'm cute anymore." he says pouting. Oh my god. "Umm you are cute...I mean... well you still are but just more hot now." I stutter making him laugh. Shit! Did I just really say that out loud.

I can feel my cheeks burning as I look onto the ground. "It's good to know that a pretty girl like you thinks that." he says and winks at me. I think I'm about to faint. Come on Y/n. Pull yourself together! I scold myself. I smile shyly.

He just called me pretty! "You are Y/n right?"
he asks. "Yeah... how do you know?" I question him furrowing my eyebrows. "I saw the cover you did of Stitches on YouTube. I have to admit I'm impressed. Your voice is beautiful." He answers grinning. "Oh really? T-thanks." I say smiling.

He saw my cover and thinks my voice is beautiful! Today is literally the best day of my life. "I have a little concert here in the afternoon. Would you like to come and watch it?" he asks leaning against a locker.

Now I see the guitar case he's holding. That's why he's here. "I would love to." I answer trying not to freak out. "Great. See you around five in the big hall." He states smiling and start to walk away. "See you." I say and take a deep breath, walking to my class.

"Oh wait Y/n!" he shouts and jogs towards me again. "Yeah?" "You can also come to the rehearsal if you want." "Sure." I smile, bitumen my inner cheek, so I don't start to grin uncontrollably again.

After my classes I head out of the building and see Shawn standing there leaning against his car in the parking lot. He looks up from his phone and when he sees me, a smile spreads on his lips. A warm feeling comes up in me as he heads over to where I'm standing. "Hey. Come with me."
I nod and we head towards the music room of the school.

A piano standing in the middle, a few guitars hanging on the wall and many other instruments. "We still have time till the rehearsal starts. So... what song do you like to sing?" Shawn asks and walk over to the piano.

"Umm... I like Mercy." I say smiling. He sits down on the chair and pats the spot next to him. I sit down. "I would love to hear you sing that." He says grinning. "M-me?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. What's wrong?" he asks confused. "Umm... I just... I've never sung in front of someone." I mumble. "Really? Not even in front your family parents or friends?" I shake my head.

"What are you afraid of? You have honestly no reason for that. You even uploaded a video on YouTube where everyone can hear it." He says and places his hand on my knee, making me smile. "I know but that's not the same." I say.

"Don't be shy. I'll start and you'll join okey?" Shawn says nudging me with his elbow.
"I don't want to." I say and shake my head.
He look at me with puppy eyes. "Pleaseee for me?" he begs smiling sweetly. "That look doesn't work on me." I state chuckling.

He looks onto the piano tiles defeated. "You can sing for me and I'll just listen." I suggest smiling. "I'm only gonna sing if you sing with me." He smirks. I roll my eyes and pretend to stand up. "Well then see you at the concert!" I say but Shawn stops me.

"No wait! I'll sing first and you will join me okey?" he asks again pulling me back. I just sigh waiting for him to start. He plays the melody of Mercy and hums. I love this part. I smile and watch him looking all concentrated. "You've got a hold on me... don't even know your power... I stand a hundred feet..." He sings and I decided to join.

"But I fall when I'm around you..." I sing making him look at me smiling. "Show me and open door..." I continue. "Then you go and slam it on me.. I can't take anymore..." we sing together. "I'm saying baby please have mercy on me..." I sing as Shawn stops and listen to me. I could feel his gaze on me while he's playing piano.

"Take it easy on my-" I sing as suddenly a man comes in. I stop and look at him embarrassed. "Where's the girl with this angelic voice?" he exclaims and looks at me smiling. I just stare at him not knowing what to do.

"Andrew this is Y/n. The girl from the cover I showed you, remember?" Shawn chuckles and takes my hand, pulling me up. "Nice to meet you Y/n. I would love to talk with you later but now we have to prepare for the concert Shawn!" Andrew states and walk out of the door again. "That's my manager." Shawn laughs still holding my hand.

"Oh..." I chuckle. "Soo... I actually wanted to ask you something. I was wondering if you would go on a date with me this weekend?" he asks blushing and rubs circles on my hand with his thumb. Am I dreaming? I hope I'm not. How crazy is this day! "Hmm..." I hum acting like I have to think about it.

Shawn lets go of my hand and stands there embarrassed. He really thinks I would say no? "I'm kidding. I would love to Shawn." I chuckle and take his hand again. "Don't do that to me." he pouts chuckling and pulls me a bit closer. I get lost in his beautiful brown eyes.

They seem so warm. He quickly looks at my lips and then back into my eyes smiling. "Shawn where are you? Rehearsal starts in two minutes!" Andrew shouts making us jump apart.

"Come on." Shawn chuckles and walk with me into the big hall. Can this day never end please?