Cold #1

Y/n's POV:
"Why does it have to be so damn cold!" I mutter to myself as I make hot chocolate to warm up a bit. I'm literally in the middle of nowhere in the wooden house of my grandpa surrounded by a big forest.

I have to stay here during the winter holidays. Normally it's actually really nice but there's a heavy snowstorm outside since three days. My grandpa got stuck by a friend of his and I'm stuck here. With no internet. It's so boring. At least I still have electricity.

My grandpa has no tv, so I take my laptop out and a movie I brought with me. I take a fluffy blanket and many pillows, making myself comfortable on the couch. The movie starts and suddenly I hear the doorbell ring. What?

Who would be dumb enough to go out while this storm? I stand up and walk to the door, looking through the little hole. A boy with brown hair was standing on the front porch. Covered in snow. Should I open? He could be a kidnapper or something.

"Yeah because a kidnapper would go out right now." I mumble, deciding to open the door but just a bit so I could see through. The boy looked up from the ground and smiled. "Umm hey! I was wondering if my little sister and I could stay here till the storm is over. We were walking home but it's too cold go further." he explains as I open the door more to see his little sister standing beside him.

Both of them shaking. "Sure come in." I say and step to the side. They walk in and I immediately close the door again before it gets too cold. I take some blankets and give them to him and his little sister. "Thank you." He smiles and wraps one of the blanket around her.

We sit down on the stools of the kitchen counter. He looks so cute when he's smiling. I have to admit he's really handsome. "Hello?" he says waving his hand in front of my face. "Sorry what?" I ask embarrassed. I was staring. He starts to grin. "I said my name is Shawn and that's Aaliyah. You are?" He chuckles.

"Oh umm... I'm Y/n." I answer blushing. "You are so cute." he mumbles thinking I wouldn't hear it. "Well thank you." I laugh. His eyes grow wide. Now it's his time to blush.

"Do you guys want hot chocolate? It has to be ready by now." I ask grinning. "Yes please!" Aaliyah says excited. "That would be great." Shawn says smiling. I stand up and try to reach the shelf with the cups but I'm too short.

Oh well. I was about to climb onto the counter as I feel Shawn behind me. "Let me help you." he says and takes three cups, handing them to me. "Thanks." I mumble blushing again. Why the hell does he make me nervous? He's standing really near but he doesn't move.

"Oh um... n-no problem." he stutters and goes back to his sister after some moments. Aaliyah grins at Shawn and pushes him lightly with her elbow. I shake my head smiling and pour the hot chocolate into the cups.

"Do you live here? I've never seen you before." Shawn asks, taking sip of his drink. "No. I actually live in Toronto but I'm staying with my grandpa over the holidays." I answer. "Really?  We live there too!" Aaliyah says. We talk and laugh for a while.

He's so funny and his sister is so cute. It's not boring at all anymore. We're getting really hungry after a while so we decide to make spaghetti. After eating we sit on the couch cuddled in blankets, watching Harry Potter.

Shawn insisted on watching it because I've only seen the first movie. "Oh that's the best part! No wait... now look! Did you hear that?" Shawn exclaims excited like a little kid on Christmas. I laugh at him being so into the movie.

"No I didn't because you talked Shawn!" I giggle. "Oh sorry." chuckles, scratching his neck. Aaliyah fell asleep during the movie so it was a bit of an awkward silence between me and Shawn. I could feel him looking at me but I kept watching the movie.

He looks at the laptop again and slowly puts and arm on the couch behind me while "accidentally " touching my shoulder. I smile feeling butterflies in my stomach as he strokes over it with his thumb.

I lean a bit closer against him which makes him smile. He turns his hand to look at me. Suddenly the lights turn off leaving us in complete darkness. I instinctively grip Shawn's hand. I hate darkness. "Well I guess the electricity fell out." Shawn says squeezing my hand lightly making me let go of his.

"Sorry." I mumble. "I didn't mind at all." He whispers, taking my hand back in his. "Do you have candles or wood for the fireplace?" He asks. "Umm yeah... in the attic." I say not wanting to go up there.

Shawn seems to notice because but I don't move. "I can go and get it if you show me where it is." He chuckles. "Yeah it's over there." I say and point into the direction even though I know he can't see anything. "Y/n. I can't see." he laughs.

"Come on. I'll be right by your side. You don't have to be afraid." He whispers and pull me up from the couch. "Pff I'm not afraid." I mutter. "Yeah sure." He laughs. God I love his laugh. What? I only know him for like three hours.

I slowly walk forwards, touching the walls so I could find the stairs. "Ouch." I find the stairs with my toes causing me to stumble but Shawm grips onto my waist before I could fall. "You okey?" he whispers into my ear making me shiver.

"Y-yeah. So there are the stairs." I quickly step away from him. What is he doing to me? "I'll be right back." he says and walks upstairs. I wait for what feels like forever. "Shawn can you find it?" I whisper shout, trying not to wake up Aaliyah.

No answer but I could hear a loud thud making me jump. I slowly walk upstairs. "Shawn?"