Just the beginning

(Edited)

Y/n's POV:
Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is the day my friend and I are going to meet our favourite singer. Shawn Mendes! I got two tickets for his concert in (y/c) and decided to take my best friend (y/b/f/n) with me.

I'm already so excited that I can't sit still anymore. "We are almost there!" My best friend squeals. I look out of the car window. We are currently driving to the hotel we will stay tonight. I'm smiling since I stood up today.

I just can't believe it that we have meet and greet tickets! Our seats for the concerts are not first row but we are near to the B-stage. "Come on girls! Let's go." my mom says while getting out of the car.

We check into the hotel. My best friend and I have a room and my mom has her own. I let myself fall onto the bed. It's already dark outside but it's not late. "Oh good what if he holds our hand!" (Y/b/f/n) points out, excitedly.

"Imagine he looks you in the eyes and falls in love with you." she adds, smiling dreamily. I just chuckle at her nonsense talk. „What? Let a girl have her dreams." she pouts while crossing her arms.

„Sorry, how could I even doubt that he will fall in love in you?" I ask, sarcastically which she responds to with an eye roll. „I won't invite you to our wedding if you are like that." She playfully sticks her tomorrow out to me before taking her laptop from the bedside table.

„What about a movie to pass the time?" she suggests and I nod, wanting the time to finally pass.

After a while (y/b/f/n) fell asleep. I'm still not tired at all so I decidedly to walk around the city a bit. I put on my a maroon hoodie, black jeans and my also maroon colored vans. Grabbing my purse I quietly walk out of the hotel.

The city is so beautiful. All the lights and trees make it look magical. I'm walking past a dark alley as I hear a noise. I stop walking and listen to it. It sounds like the meowing of a little kitten. What if it's hurt? Should I walk in there?

Hesitating, I look to the left and right before walking into the alley anyways. Damm it.

If I had my phone with me, I could have used the flashlight. I walk a little further when suddenly I hear a cracking sound behind me.

Immediately my mind races with the worst thoughts ad I make myself ready to fight the person who probably wants to murder or kidnap me.

"Hey-" I hear a deep voice say but before the man could finish, I spin on my heels turn and kick the stranger in his private part.

Groaning, he kneels onto the ground his hand where I just kicked him. I breath heavily. No thanks, I don't want to be kidnapped. "What do you want?" I ask with shaky voice.

After a few moments he stands up, letting out a sigh. Fear still runs down my spine due the tall man towering above me. I couldn't see his face because he is standing in the shadows.

The stranger seems really muscular and wears a black hoodie, has the hood over his head and wears also black jeans.
Just like a kidnapper would. I slowly walk back.

„Don't be scared, please. I just wanted to give you your purse. I think you lost it." he explains, taking a step towards me. Wait... My eyes widen before I pinch them to make out his face.

I know this voice. Could it be? He walks again a step nearer. The dim light of the street lamp make his face visible. My moth falls agape as my cheeks flush red. „I just kicked Shawn Mendes! Oh my god, that's embarrassing...

"Umm... is it yours?" he asks, chuckling while stretching his hand out which is holding the purse towards me.

I nod not being able yo say anything. "Are you gonna take it?" he laughs. My face gets even more red. I take the purse and mumble a thanks. "Sorry. You know for kicking you. I thought you were a kidnapper or something and no offense but with a black hoodie and black jeans you really look like one." I babble, trying to comprehend what jut happened.

He laughs again taking off his hood. God, his laugh. "Don't worry and sorry for scaring you. Your kick is really strong by the way." he admits, making a pained face, causing me to laugh. Before he could say anything else, my nerves got the best of me and I quickly excuse myself to leave.

"Umm... yeah, I think I should go." I say, starting to walk, thinking he wouldn't want to keep talking anyways. „

Wait." I suddenly hear, a hand grabbing my arm. "What's your name?" "Y/n.)" I answer, smiling lightly which hr returns.

"Well that's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He replies, with a grin but I only scoff. „How many girls have you told that already Mendes?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

„Only one and I really hope that she will go on a date with me tomorrow?" He asks, biting his lower lip. My eyes widen for a few seconds before I feel my cheeks flush even more. He wants to go on a date with me?

„It's okey if you don't want to. Well, it's your choice and-„ He rambles but I cut him off by laughing. He's adorable.

„I think she will." I answer, trying to hide a smile. A cheeky smirk spreads across his face as he lightly tilts his head. „Great but I need her number for that." He states and I nod.

I give him my number and start to walk towards the hotel after saying bye.
„See you, (Y/n)!" I turn around and wave at him before quickly heading back.

Once I arrive in our hotel room, (Y/b/f/n) is still sleeping, so I lay down on my bed and squeak into my pillow. I can't believe what just happened! He's so sweet and charming.

Replying our conversation over and over again in my head, I get ready for bed. Dancing around stupidly as I brush my teeth.
I change my clothes and sit on the soft mattress to check my phone. I got a new message from an unknown number.
.
Unknown number: Hey Y/n. :) This is Shawn. I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see you again and goodnight!
.
You: Me too Shawn. Goodnight! xx
.
Biting my lip to try to hide the huge smile on my face, I save his number. I fall onto my back, staring at the ceiling as I daydream about tomorrow. Little did I know this was just the beginning of something wonderful.