Stuck up celebrity

Y/n's POV:
„The girl on my background? That's y/n. My childhood friend." I hear Shawn say to the person he is talking to as Brian and I stand behind the wall which separates us from the others.

Wait... what? I'm his background? Heat rises to my cheeks and I could literally feel Brian's stupid grin behind me.

„Told you that he could never forget you." Brian whispers into my ear and I roll my eyes. „He didn't show that for a while." I mumble, peeking around the corner to search for the familiar tufts of chocolate hair.

Seconds later, I spot them jutting out over the backrest of the white leather couch.
My heart does a little jump as he moves his head to the side but luckily he didn't see me yet.

„Yeah because he is in an idiot when it comes to things like girls and lo- uhm, y-you know.
Stuff." Brian stutters, clearing his throat awkwardly. Quirking a brow, I stare at him skeptically but he just smiles, shrugging his shoulders.

Okey...? I'm already too nervous to think straight so I don't even ask what he actually wanted to say. „I uhm... don't think it's a good idea anymore. I-I think I should leave. He probably just still has the background because he was too lazy to change it." I say quietly, spinning  around to head towards the door but Brian holds onto my arm and pulls me back into the corner.

„You are nervous." He grins, making me want to slap it off him but I restrain myself. „I'm in the apartment of someone I know all my life but haven't talked a single word to for five months because he was too busy or just didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore. So yes...I am." I snap, taking him by surprise.

„Y/n. How can you think that?" „He probably doesn't even want me here. I think I should go." I reply, quietly rushing past but Brian quickly follows me. „Y/n, wait! Come on, trust me. He really does want to see you." Brian reassures, holding the door closed so I can't get out.

I only sigh. I'm not so sure about that...  „You asked him, right? Before I came here." I question but frown as Brian pulls a face and I immediately know that he didn't.

„Brian." I warn, shooting him a death glare while shoving his hands off the door. „You promised you would ask!" „I wanted it to be a surprise! Now come on. It's not like he is a stranger to you!" Brian argues but I shake my head. „Nope. I'm leaving now. Bye." I respond, the panic overcoming me.

Just as I was about to step out of the apartment, I'm lifting over Brian shoulder and I have to try my best not to squeal in shock. Mentally cursing myself for agreeing to come here, I wait until he sets me down onto the floor again. "You are such an-." I grumble but Brian hushes me.

„I really have to force you both to your happiness." Brian huffs, rolling his eyes before he pushes me into the living room. What does he mean with that? I am happy... As I look up, all eyes expects Shawn's, who's sitting with his back facing me, land on me.

Some knowing smiles on the faces of Geoff, Zubin and Mike, making me even more confused. Why do they act like I just got back from mars and Shawn is totally excited about me being here? He's not and that's fine...

I knew it would happen sooner or later that he finds friends in the  celebrity world and chooses them over me. Since Shawn still didn't notice me standing there as he talks to his friend Matt, I look at Brian helplessly but he just motions me go ahead.

God, why am I such a coward? It's one of my longest friends. Why does it make me anxious to talk to him? Come on, Y/n. He doesn't bite. Taking one last deep breath, I quietly step nearer. Now or never, right?

„Y/n? Well, we know each other for years now. I haven't seen her in a long while and-." Shawn starts but stops in the middle of the sentence as I walk in front if him.