The employee and the singer

Shawn's POV: 
My gaze wanders from my guitar, which is sitting in my lap, up to her every so often. How she walks trough the hall so concentrated and determined to help.

Her beautiful hair flowing behind her back due her fast movements. Her camera hanging with a strap around her neck. Sometimes she makes random photos of the crew, lightening up the mood and making them laugh.

Her name is Y/n and she is the photographer for the last five shows and is already with us since six shows. "Smile guys!" I hear her angelic voice say, making me and Geoff look up. I can't help but smile brightly as she takes a picture of us.

„Perfect." She laughs, causing my heart to flutter at the sound. As fast as she was here, she's already gone again. I smile lightly at how energetic and always happy she is. "When are you finally going to ask her out?" Geoff asks smirking, pushing me lightly with his elbow.

I shake my head, biting my lip. „I don't know what you are talking about." I say, strumming a few chords. „Oh come on. It's so obvious." Geoff says, laughing. „Well not for her." I sigh, looking after her as she disappears through the door for a few moments.

„Then make a move. Or someone else will." he says, pointing towards James who is standing beside her now. She laughs, probably about something he said. A weird feeling comes up in me as I watch them talking. She seem to find him really funny.

„Oh someone's jealous." Geoff teases, looking amused. „I'm not." I mumble, my eyes not leaving them. „Of course Shawnie." He laughs, ruffling my hair. I roll my eyes, putting the guitar to the side. I stand up, heading over to them. "James, Andrew needs you for a sound check quickly." I say, showing a fake smile.

"But I just talked to him-." "Well and now he told me he needs you. I think you should go to him." I say, cutting him off. "Alright." He responds raising an eyebrow and leaves.

"Everything okey?" Y/n asks, frowning. "Yeah everything's fine. How are you today?" I ask, not remembering what I actually wanted to say due my nervousness. I'm such an idiot. At first she looks at me skeptically but then shows a smile anyways.

„I'm good. What about you?" She questions chuckling. "Good too. So you know... do you like James?" I ask, looking into her beautiful eyes. "You know like like?" I add. "Yes I like him but I don't like like him." She laughs.

"Why are you asking?" "You know... uhm... how do I say it. Well, I don't think Andrew would like it if an employee has something with the singer." I say, trying not to sound stupid. "Oh of course. Don't worry he's just a friend." Y/n says, smiling slightly.

„Good." I say, being happy that she doesn't like him in that way. "What about we go eat something guys? I'm starving!" Mike suddenly says. „Gladly." Zubin answers and ever else agrees too.

„Hey Y/n. Do you want to come with us?" I ask, smiling. She looks up to me, returning the smile. „Of course. I'm always hungry." she says, patting her stomach. I laugh, putting my hand on her back, leading her outside. My smile gets wider since she doesn't seem to mind that.

„How do you like it on tour?" I ask, trying to break the silence as we walk towards the exit. A smile spreads o her lips as she turns her head to look at me. „I honestly love it. I get to see so many things and the others are pretty cool."

„Oh and I'm not?" I ask, chuckling. „You are okey." She says, grinning. Thanks." I laugh, lightly. „I think you are amazi- I mean fun to be around. Yeah." I stutter, coughing afterwards. God I could slap myself right now. „I know." she states winking, making me laugh.

„Uhmm I was-." I star to say but get interrupted by screaming as we walk outside. I look around to see that we are surrounded by many fans. Really many fans and they keep getting more. waving at them I look back to see Y/n, seeming a bit overwhelmed, so I take her hand and pull her with me.

„Go with the others. I'll catch up to you guys later." I tell her. She nods smiling, walking towards the rest. „I promise I'll take pictures with everyone of you. Just make a line so it gets easier." I shout. It actually works that everyone lines up and so the first girl walks towards me.

„Hey Shawn! I just wanted to say your music is amazing and I have a question." she says, hugging me. „Thank you hun. What is it?" I ask, taking her phone to make a picture. „Is the girl from earlier you girlfriend?" she questions grinning.

I bite the corner of my bottom lip to hide a smile but fail miserably. „No she isn't.. yet." I mumble the last part but she seemed to have heard it. „Thanks see you tonight at  the concert." the girl says happily and walks away.

I smile to myself, finishing taking pictures. About half an hour later I arrive at the restaurant, where the others already are. As I expected Jame is sitting besides Y/n. Pretty close. That weird feeling comes up in me again and before I can stop myself I walk over to them.

„Hey guys. Y/n can we talk for a moment?" I ask, unintentionally glaring at James. "Sure." She says, looking confused but stands up anyways . As we walk outside I see Geoff smirking at me from the corner of my eyes.

"What's up with you today?" Y/n asks, frowning. "I umm..." I mumble, not knowing what to say. "You?" She asks, raising and eyebrow. I exhale deeply before looking at her again. Now or never, right? Without saying another word I step closer to her.

I gently grab her confused looking face and press my lips to hers. For a fee moments she doesn't move at all, making me regret what I did but then she actually kisses me back. Her soft lips feeling so incredibly good against mine.

She lays her small hand on mine, smiling. I pull back, slowly opening my eyes. "Uh... I kind of really like you Y/n." I say, scratching my neck. Her smile fades as she looks down fumbling with her fingers.

My heart drops,already guessing I why she looks lime that. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. I uh..." I stutter. "Shawn... I like you too." Y/n says, making me frown. "But, the employee can't be together with the singer." she adds smirking.

My mouth opens, realizing what she said. "Oh my god. I hate you." I say, smiling. "I thought you like me Mendes?" She asks, crossing her arms. "I do. I really do." I mumble and grab her hips to pull her closer to me.

She places her arms around my neck, pulling my head towards hers. I finally connecting our lips. This times she kisses me back immediately "Told you so! You owe me 10 dollars!" I suddenly hear someone call.

Shocked we turn around to see Geoff, Andrew, Mike and Zubin watching us. "Really?" I ask, rolling my eyes. "Well took you long enough Shawn." Geoff laughs, as Mike hands him the money.