Wisdom teeth

Your POV:
"I don't need to go to the dentist!" Shawn protests, crossing his arms. "Yes you do!" I respond, rolling my eyes. We are discussing this since 10 minutes now because Shawn is too scared to get his wisdom teeth out.

He won't admit it but I know he is. "Oh really how would you know what I need to do?" He asks, crossing his arms. I walk over to him to poke his cheek. He groans lightly, moving my hand away. "Prove enough?" I question, tilting my head. "Now come on. Don't be such a baby." I say, pulling him up.

He sighs defeatedly, following me outside. I grab my jacket and the keys, heading towards the car. "Don't be scared Shawnie. I'm there the whole time." I say, winking. "I'm not scared." He mutters. I chuckle, starting the car. About half an hour later we arrive at the building.

Shawn didn't say a single word neither did he sing like he normally does. I told him to go earlier but he didn't listen to me. I mean hello? I'm his best friend. I always know better. "Let's go." I say, grabbing his biceps to pull him in.

"There are to many people. Too bad." Shawn says, quickly turning around to walk out of the waiting room again. "You are not going anywhere. You have an appointment. Your mom just said I should make sure you go." I say, shaking my head.

"And you are on her side? Ouch." He pouts, sitting down next to me on a chair. "Not my fault that you didn't go sooner." I say, pulling my phone out. Throughout the whole waiting Shawn taps his foot up and down continually, running a hand through his hair every now and then. He's so cute.

Uh... you know how I meant that. A little girl who's playing with the toys in the room keeps, glancing over at us and everytime Shawn smiles at her, she turns around giggling. "Looks like you have a little lover." I chuckle. "Does it surprise you. Nobody can resist me." He says, smiling proudly.

"Of course. How could I forget." I respond, rolling my eyes playfully. I look back to the girl but instead of playing on the ground she stands in front of Shawn. He motions him to come nearer and as he ducks down she "whispers" in his ear. "Your girlfriend is really pretty."

I chuckle, expecting Shawn to explain her that we are friends but he just whispers back. "I know." He sits up, smiling at the girl who runs happily back to her mom. I feel my cheeks flush as Shawn acts like he didn't just day that. He said it loud enough on purpose but why would I care.

It's not like I have a crush on him... "Mr. Mendes next please." The secretary suddenly says, looking into the room. "Have fun." I say, grinning. "Haha." He mocks, disappearing behind the door. I wait until the same woman tells me that he's finished. "He's still a bit dizzy but that should be gone in about an hour." I nod, walking into the room.

"Hey Shawn." I say, smiling. He lazily opens his eyes showing me a cheeky smile. "Wow." He mumbles, his mouth full of the gauze. "What? I ask, sitting next to him. "Your boyfriend is lucky." He breaths out, grinning. "I don't have a boyfriend Shawn. You know that." I laugh, at how confused he is.

He frowns, closing his eyes. "If I knew that I would have already changed it." He says, opening one eye to look at me. My stomach starts to feel tingly but then I remember that he doesn't even know what he is saying. „You know you remind me of the stars." he smiles, pointing up to a painting.

"Why?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. „They are small, beautiful and I like to stare a them." he says, smirking. I shake my head trying not to blush but well I fail miserably. „You are talking nonsense Shawn." I laugh lightly. He shakes his head before motioning me with his finger to come closer like the little girl did earlier.

I lean towards him and a shiver runs down my spine as his dry lips touch my ear softly. „Can I tell you a secret but you won't tell Y/n?" he asks seriously. I nod, holding back a laugh. Is he for real right now? „I'm so in love with her but pssst." he whispers, holding a finger in front of his mouth.

My eyes widen. What did he just say? Why did he say it? I mean it could be from the operation but would he say something like that? „Why don't you tell her?" I question, playing along. „I can't." he sighs, looking down sadly. Oh my god that looks so adorable. „She doesn't love me back. She always calls me her best friend." Shawn frowns, fiddling with the ring on his finger.

"Maybe she's just afraid that you don't feel the same." I reply, coughing awkwardly. A bright smile creeps onto his lips causing the bloody gauze to show through his mouth making me laugh. He looks like a squirrel stuffed with nuts. „Do you honestly think so?" he asks, hopefully.

"Yeah. I think you should tell her." I say, looking down. Why did I just say that? „I will." he murmurs, smiling contently.
My heart flutters at the thoughts. But he doesn't know what he's saying... I shouldn't think too mich of it. „So Shawn, everything went well and you are allowed to go home now." the dentist says, shaking my hand.

„Thanks for not killing me doc. As far as I know you could have." Shawn states. „No problem." the dentist says, chuckling. „Come on Shawn, we can go home." „But I don't know you." he says, puzzled. „You do. I'm Y/n." I chuckle, ruffling his hair. „Wait... since when are you here?" He asks, looking at me with wide eyes.

„I just got here to pick you up." I lie. „Thank god. You didn't hear what I said." Shawn whispers, trying to sit up. I smile, placing his arm around me to help him head towards the car. I carefully sit him in and put the seatbelt on. As I sit in too, I notice that he already fell asleep with his mouth slightly open.

Did I ever say that he's adorable? I sigh, replaying Shawns words over and over again. He wasn't dizzy as he talked to the girl but it doesn't have go mean something. Why is that so confusing? Inhaling deeply I start the car, driving home. The whole car ride Shawn was asleep, letting me alone with my thoughts.

„Hey Shawn. We are here." I say, shaking him gently. „Hmm?" he hums, rubbing his eyes. „We are home." I say, smiling at him.
He looks at me, blinking a few times. „Why are you looking like that? Oh god what did I say?" he groans. „Nothing." I say, feeling the heat come up in my cheeks for like the tenth time today.

I climb out of the car, heading towards his house to unlock it. „Y/n, tell me." he calls after me. „Nothing much. Just nonsense." I answer, awkwardly. „Why are you acting like that then?" Shawn asks, stumbling after me.
„Don't fall." I chuckle, holding him up. „What's wrong?" he questions again, placing his hands on my shoulders.

I just stare into his eyes, not knowing what to say. „What did I say? Was it so disturbing?" Worriedly he looks down at me, furrowing his eyebrows. „No, don't worry." I say, shaking my head. „Then what? Did I tell you that I love you?" Shawn asks, a small smile visible on his face.

"Uhh..." I mumble, my heart beat increasing. „You heard me." he chuckles, nervously. „Yeah uhmm... you did." I reply, keeping my head down. „Just hypothetically. If I would mean it, what would you say?" „Wait what?" I ask, confused. „Just answer please." Shawn sighs, his gaze meeting mine.

"Hypothetically I would say... that I love you too." I say, biting my lower lip. „So if it would be that case I should kiss you right now, shouldn't I ?" „I guess." I mumble, not being able to hide a smile.

„But not with all the gauze in your mouth." I grin, turning to run into the living room but before I could move I feel two arms being wrapped around me seconds later I'm lifted of the ground.

"Shawn you can't even walk yourself." I squeal, holding onto his shoulders. Laughing, he sits me down onto the kitchen counter, standing between my legs. „I love you." Shawn says, grabbing my cheeks gently. I smile uncontrollably, intertwining my fingers behind his neck.

"I love you too Shawn." I say before pressing my lips onto his supple ones for a short kiss. „You know going to the dentist wasn't that bad after all." Shawn chuckles, pecking my nose.

Inspired by the Dolan Twins 🤙🏻