I need you #2

Y/n's POV:
"I'm so glad that you are back!" Anna my best friend squeaks, wrapping me in a bone crushing hug. „Me too." I say, hugging her back. It's not a complete lie. I missed her and my family so much but the memories from here are just too bad. A few weeks after the accident I left Canada to live with my aunt in New York for about one and a half year. The doctors explained to me that he lost his memory from the last three years that's why he can remember his family, friends and ex girlfriend... I couldn't bare the thought of seeing him with someone else so I left. Now I'm back but I don't know if I'm happy about it. „Oh my god it happened so much while you were gone. I don't even know where to start." she says, as we sit down in a little cafe. „I'm all ears." I chuckle, observing the room. Everything here feels so foreign, even though I grew up in this town. „So Micheal asked me out you know. We went on dates for a while but he..." I stopped to listen to her, knowing that she's gonna talk about her on and off crush for the next hour. I love that she can talk so much, so it never gets boring but I don't feel like talking right now. I watch how the people leave and enter the cafe, wondering if I know someone. A girl with brown hair enters the room, maybe a bit younger than me. Wait. Is that? Aaliyah... I look back to Anna hoping she won't notice me but it seems like she did. We were really good friends back then but we kinda lost contact. „Y/n?" she asks, approaching us smiling. „Hey Aaliyah." I smile, getting up to hug her. „I can't believe that. You are back? I missed you." she says, pulling back. „I missed you too. How are you?" I ask. „I'm great. My hockey team won the school game yesterday! I made the final shot!" „That's awesome." I chuckle. „How are you?" she asks, unsure if it's a good idea. „I'm... uh- good." I say, smiling lightly. „I'm so glad to see you. I was wondering... if you want to come to my birthday party tomorrow?" Aaliyah asks hopefully. Oh right, her birthday. I almost forgot. „Uh... I don't really-." „He's not gonna be there, if that's what you are thinking about. I just thought it would be cool to catch up with you." she says, looking at her shoes. I sigh, knowing that it's not a good idea but I can't let her down. „I'm coming." I say, making her smile brightly. „Perfect! Be there around 7 pm. See you!" she replies hugging me goodbye. „It's going to be fine. Don't worry." Anna says, giving me a reassuring smile. I nod, actually a bit disappointed that he's not gonna be there. I kinda wished to see him in real life again, not just on pictures but it's probably better like that. Sooner than I like it, it's almost time for the party to start. I'm standing in front of the Mendes house with a present in my hand. I take a deep breath, reaching up to the bell but before I could ring the door shoots open. „Happy Birthday!!!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around her. „Thanks! You can put the present over there." She replies, grabbing my hand to pull me along. „Y/n! It's so good to see you again." I hear Karen say, hugging me aswell. „It's good to see you too." I smile, following Aaliyah to the livingroom. I haven't been here in so long...but it still looks the same. „When are the others gonna come?" I ask, not seeing any kind of party decoration. „Uh... soon. Can you help me to lay the table." Aaliyah says quickly before standing up. „Sure." I say, frowning. Why does she seems so nervous? „Everything okey?" I ask, taking the plates from the upper shelf. „Uh- yes of course why?" „I don't know. You seem nervous. Any special boy coming to the party." I grin, turning towards her. „No no." she chuckles, walking into the living room. „Oh come on I don't believe-." I stop to walk, my mouth slightly open as I see who just walked in. „Aaliyah did you put the pictures in my room?" He asks, heading towards the table were Aaliyah is standing. Oh my god...Shawn. He's there and he's okey. Panicking lightly, I meet Aaliyah's eyes. She gives me a reassuring smile but I honestly want to disappear right now. I don't think I can do that. Shawn frowns following Aaliyah's gaze. My heart seriously stopped beating for a moment as his caramel eyes on me, causing my a lump to form in my throat. He still looks the same. I mean, his hair is a little longer and he looks also a bit stronger but that's still my Shawn. Well, he was... „Y/n?" He asks, seeming something confused. Wait what did he just say? I just stand there, probably looking like a I saw a ghost. He said my name. Does that mean... he remembers me? „Uh..." I mumble, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. „You are the girl from the pictures." He says, smiling a bit. The girl from the pictures? I actually thought he remembers me. How stupid can I be? Why would he remember me all of a sudden? I still lost him. One and a half year ago and that's never going to change. „Excuse me." I whisper, quickly rushing out of the room. I can't handle all that. Tears roll down my cheeks as I run out of the house. For just a second I had hope, only for it to be crushed... again. I'm not over him. How could I? He's the love of my life. „Y/n! Wait." I hear his deep voice shout, sending shivers down my spine, making me stop unwillingly. „What is it?" I ask quietly, wiping my tears away before I turn around. „Uh...you didn't let me finish." he says, showing me one of his smiles that always made my heart melt. I closed my eyes, sighing after opening them again. Please. Please let it be like in one of these movies, where the boy or the girl remembers the other after a long time again. „Look, I don't recognize you." He says, his eyes seeming guilty. I nod, feeling my heart break into pieces once again. „But in my room... there were pictures of me with a girl. The girl was you. When I saw them, I got a strange feeling but I couldn't define it. As I saw you, I got the same feeling again." Shawn says, running a hand through his hair afterwards. „I also found this." he adds, showing me a letter and the velvet box with the proposal ring. „You don't remember any of it?" I ask, my voice cracking as I take the box opening it to admire the beautiful ring. „No I'm sorry." he says, shaking his head. „Why are you sorry?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. „I... uh-I... look, what I actually wanted to say. When I read this letter , looked at all the pictures and Aaliyah told me about you a kind of warm feeling came up in me. I don't know... but it seems like I loved you more than anything." he chuckled, slightly. „I was gone for more than a year and my feelings have never changed the slightest bit, Shawn." I say, playing with the ends of my skirt. „I know it must be hard for you but I was wondering... if you want to start fresh again? Maybe it can be like it was." Shawn says, looking up from the letter hopefully. „Why do you want that?" I question, surprised. „Well,... you are beautiful and you seem lovely- I mean pretty cool. Who said I wouldn't fall im love with you again?" he grins, scratching his neck. A small smile spreads on my lips as I recall the day he asked me out. He was just as nervous back then. I sigh, observing the house I was so often before meeting his eyes. „I would love that." I whisper, a tear escaping my eye, which he quickly wipes away. My breath hitches as his big hands stay on my cheeks, his eyes gazing deeply into mine. „Maybe I can remember that." he says, smiling lightly before he suddenly presses his soft lips to mine.