Don't touch her #1

Y/n's POV:
"Do you even listen to me?" Maya groans snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Hmm... yeah what?" I mumble while chewing on my straw of the juice I'm drinking.

My eyes are fixed on him instead of the curly readhead also known as my best friend. "God y/n." she sighs. "I'm having a serious problem here." She adds referring to the pictures of her in a dark red dress and in a beige one.

"Sorry what was the question?" I ask, peeling my gaze away from his beautiful brown curls and caramel eyes. "Which one should I wear to the Autum Ball?" I look at the pictures a few times before deciding.

"The beige one looks really beautiful on you." I say smiling, earning a smile back from her. I pick around in my food while glancing over to him once in a while.

"Y/n? When are you finally going to admit that you have feelings for Shawn?" Maya asks softly while quickly looking over to the one and only Shawn Mendes, making her curls jump.

Shawn and I've been best friends once. He's my neighbor and when I moved her at the age of ten we were inseparable.

Well, till Highschool began. Shawn became one of the popular boys. We slowly stopped to hang out and to talk. Greetings in the hallway consisted of quiet hey's and waves.

Now it's just a quick nod if he even recognizes me. I'm more like the calm type of girl therefore I don't fit in the group of popular ones and I actually don't even want to.

The thing is, that being popular would give me a chance to be around Shawn. I really miss him. He always cheered me up when I was upset and I could tell him anything.

Seems like it's just one sided. "Just forget it Maya." I mutter shaking my head. "It would be stupid to still like him after such a long time of practically ignoring me, wouldn't it?" I ask without awaiting an answer but Maya hugs me and smiles apologetically.

"Guess you are stupid." She chuckles, nudging my arm. "You are going to the ball too right?" I shake my head. Again I look over to him but to my surprise he's already staring my way.

As our eyes meet I swear I could see small grin tugging at the corners of his mouth.
I wonder if he's going and with who?

My question gets answered as a beautiful blonde girl sits closely beside him on a chair in the full cafeteria and strokes over his arm. His gaze leaves mine again and he looks at the small girl smiling.

I sigh leaning my head onto my hand. It would have been to good to be true. "You know I'm not taking no for an answer. You are definitely not missing this! You have to vote for Adam and me as the dream couple." she squeals.

Her crush Adam asked her to be his date and since then she wouldn't stop talking about it. I don't mind though I'm happy for her. "I don't want to go Maya. And even if I wanted to with whom should I go?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Well if you wouldn't have said no to Mike, you would have a date now." She says mocking me. I roll my eyes chuckling and ignore her protests for the rest of the lunch break.

(Later)
"You are almost ready." I say while carefully straightening Maya's hair causing it to be way longer than it already is. After I'm finished she adds the last bit of makeup and admires her in her mirror.

"Thank you sweetie." She exclaims and squeezes me tightly. "No problem." I breath out. Maya chuckles and fixes her dress. "Are you sure you don't want to come with me? I'm sure Anna, Loren or Nick are there." she pouts.

I shake my head. "Nope." Maya groans and takes her matching clutch. "Bye bestie have fun!" I shout as I walk home. She waves at me and heads off with Adam.

I put my earphones in and my hands in the pockets of my jacket to keep them warm. As I pass Shawn's house I can't help but look into his driveway.

There I see him looking at his pone while leaning against his car. I almost gasp, looking at his outfit. He's wearing just a simple black suit with an also black button up shirt but he looks amazing.

I didn't even notice I was still standing there when he suddenly turned his head into my direction. Shawn frowns at first but then waves at me smirking slightly. My heart flutters. What? He waved? Wow he's for once not ignoring me.

I do nothing and go up into my room. I plop onto my bed after shutting the light on. Staring onto my clock, I count the seconds passing by. What I'm waiting for? I honestly don't know.

For Shawn who suddenly decides to talk to me again? Storming into my room ,begging me to forgive him after breaking his promise not to leave me? I laugh quietly at my stupid thoughts.

My eyes wander to my closet for the first time today where I notice a dark red dress hanging on a clothing hook with a little note detached to it. I jump off my bed and take the note.

"Just in case your lazy butt decides to show up at the ball, love Mum" I read out loud. She knows me too well. I chuckle and look at my jeans and hoodie wearing self in the mirror.

Dressing up for one time won't hurt. In record time I take a shower, put body lotion on me and dry my hair. About 20 minutes later I stand in front of the mirror with my dress already on. I apply a bit of makeup. Concealer, Mascara, a matching eyeshadow an highlighter.

I put half of my hair into a bun at the back of my head, the rest flowing down my back and shoulders. Curling it a bit I look into the mirror satisfied with my appearance.

The dress reaches my mid- thighs as a loose skirt and the upper part as a smooth material which fits perfectly around me. I add a silver bracelet, necklace and sliver high heels.

I walk across the with cars filled parking lot towards the school. Wrapping my arms around me to keep me warm, I head to the big hall where the Autumn ball takes its place. The halls are decorated with fairy lights, fake leaves glued to the chains between the little lightbulbs.

Some tinsel hanging on the lockers, red and silver balloons everywhere. I'm matching the decorations. I chuckle to myself as I head into the direction of the continuously louder getting music till I approach the big door. Let's do it.

Hope you like it!❤️ There's a part 2!