Don't forget me

Y/n's POV:
Shawn: Coming home later, don't wait for me xx
.
Sighing, I shut my phone tossing it onto the bed before sitting down next to it. Again a night where he comes home later then he promised.

It's been like that the past three or four weeks. I'm sick of it. Our relationship was going downhills long before though. We barely had time for each other, due me having to study for college and Shawn working on his album, causing everything to fall apart.

Fights are the only way of communication we have. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him and for how far he has come but... it feels like our love for each other faded.

A few months ago I would have left everything behind without hesitation if he told me to leave with him but now... I'm not sure if I would still do that. I had enough time to think about it and I came to an realization.

We aren't good for each other and today I'm gonna end this. He will be way happier with someone else. Maybe he already found someone else, who knows. We barely talk.

I grab some of my clothes and essential things, stuffing it into a sports bag, before placing it next to the door. I'm not gonna cry tonight, it's no use. I sit onto the couch not even bothering to turn on the TV or something.

There's nothing that can make me feel less nervous before ending my three year relationship with the person I loved unconditionally. Or maybe I still do... I don't know.

After two hours of biting my nails and pacing around the room, I hear the door click open, my heart dropping to my stomach. I can do this. It's  the right thing. We are just holding each other back.

The light turns on and Shawn strolls into the living room rubbing his eyes before he notices that I'm sitting here. „What are you doing up, baby?" He asks, walking into the kitchen. Baby. I wonder how many girls he called like that lately.

"Shawn, can we talk?" I question, standing behind him with my arms crossed. He sets the glass of water, which he just filled up, down and turns around to me placing a kiss on my forehead. „I'm so tired. Let's talk tomorrow."  He answers, walking past me.

„Shawn please. It just takes a minute." I say, following him. „Hun, I told you I'm tired. Tomorrow we have all the time you want to talk." he responds, getting slightly irritated. That's enough. He used that excuse so many times now.

"No Shawn." I snap, stepping in front of him to prevent him from going out of the room. "Stop doing that. Since weeks you dodge it everytime I want to talk to you. You always say ‚let's talk tomorrow'. We are gonna talk now, not tomorrow!" I add, heading towards the couch.

For a few moments he just stands on the same spot, his facial expression impossible to read before he eventually follows me, taking a seat next to me. „Everything okey?" Shawn asks, making me look at him.

"Does everything look okey to you?" „I don't know what you mean..." he mumbles. „Yes you do. You know exactly what I mean." „Baby, I really don't. Can we please go to bed?" Shawn sighs standing up.

"If you leave this room now I'll be gone by tomorrow and you are never gonna see me again." I say, trying not to show that my voice is trembling. That's actually what I'm doing anyways.

He stops, turning back to me with a puzzled look on his face. „What?" „You heard me. Stop ignoring that we have a problem, Shawn. Stop that. What are you avoiding huh?" I ask, my voice raised as I stand up too.

I don't know how to feel anymore. I just want it to be over. He lowers his head, staring at a spot on the floor. „God damn it Shawn. Just say it! Are you cheating on me? What the hell are you avoiding since four weeks now?" I ask angrily, pushing him back lightly.