ten

the romance kicks in at this point lol. jeonghan and seungcheol are the only ones that are older, the rest of seventeen are the same age btw!

the start of middle school was pretty shitty.

mingyu's parents had a divorce.

wonwoo's grandpa died.

the two weren't perked up for middle school at all.

mingyu had decided to stay with his father to cook for him and take care of him, wonwoo had decided to weep about the loss of his best friend.

that wasn't the best year for the two of them, but it was the year their two paths crossed.

"heyyy guys! we'll be your leaders for your orientation around. i'm jeonghan and that's seungcheol talking to that teacher over there. let's start roll call. raise your hand if you're here."

"jun!"

"here!"

"minghao!"

"here!"

"hmm, there's a note that you two just came from china. support each other okay guys?" jeonghan said.

the two chinese kids looked at each other and smiled.

"seokmin!"

"here!"

you can kind of guess, but all of seventeen are in this group

"mingyu!"

"here.."

wonwoo looked to his left and saw a handsome boy that looked depressed. wonwoo grew curious. "mingyu, huh?" wonwoo thought.

"wonwoo!"

"here."

mingyu saw the pale boy on the right of him.

"he seems unfriendly. he has a scowl on his face just like me." mingyu thought.

"let's play some 50 questions!" seungcheol came back and cheered.

"soooo, how this works is that you introduce yourself first and then pick a number between 1-50 and we'll have you answer a question." jeonghan explained.

"chan, let's have you go first." seungcheol said.

"my name is chan and i choose 44." chan said.

"who is your biggest inspiration?" jeonghan read out.

"michael jackson!" chan chirped.

"billy jean is not my lover ~" seungkwan sang loudly.

the boy next to seungkwan, hansol, smiled warmly at the bubbly boy.

as time passed, mingyu went.

"my name is mingyu and i choose 16."

"what is your hobby?"

"i like to rap." mingyu responded solemnly.

seungcheol looked at mingyu and nodded approvingly. hansol was tired midway and fell asleep by the time it got to soonyoung. seungkwan looked at him disgustingly when hansol's head fell on his lap. wonwoo took a nice look at mingyu and thought, "ooh. this guy raps, like me."

"wonwoo, it's your turn." jeonghan got wonwoo's attention.

"oh! sorry. my name is wonwoo and i choose 27."

mingyu chuckled at wonwoo.

"who is your favorite artist?"

"i like zion.t."

mingyu raised an eyebrow, he knew zion.t and became a fan of him since he collaborated with crush. mingyu looked up to crush.

the game finished, seungcheol and jeonghan began showing them the way around the middle school.

"hey." mingyu greeted wonwoo.

"hi." wonwoo looked stunned seeing mingyu talking to him.

"wonwoo right?" mingyu asked.

wonwoo nodded in response.

"you like zion.t right? me too!" mingyu said.

"nice." wonwoo said.

there was an awkward silence and mingyu had expected wonwoo to say something.

mingyu face palmed in his mind, wonwoo was hard to talk to.

"which school did you come from?" mingyu asked.

"pledis." wonwoo answered nonchalantly.

"really? me too!" mingyu smiled.

"cool." wonwoo said in an emotionless way.

"what are your hobbies?" mingyu asked.

"i like to read." wonwoo said.

"nice." mingyu commented.

it was super quiet between the two of them and mingyu was on the verge of giving up. there was something about wonwoo that mingyu told himself not to give up on trying to make a new friend.

to be continued ~

right now, ideally, i'm thinking of two chapters of flashbacks but who knows?

i do take request sometimes, so feel free to comment any scenarios you would like to see!