Chapter 2: Jeremy's Back?

A/N: This is going to be in third person since Destiny is supposed to be "dead".

Elena screamed in horror. Her cousin was dead. She killed herself. She just couldn't believe what her eyes had seen. And was Destiny? What sort of creature was she? And why did Klaus want her dead? How did she know Katherine? Thousands of questions ran through her mind. She rushed over to Destiny's body and knelt down beside her. She had lost so much. How could she lose Destiny too? And more importantly, what would she tell Jeremy? Destiny hadn't even seen him since she got back because she made Damon compel him to move down to Denver. They hadn't seen each other in three years and now they couldn't recover that time. 

She looked up and saw Damon staring down at her in concern. Stefan walked over to Klaus's temporarily dead body and scooped him up into his arms. "What are you going to do with him?" Caroline asked Stefan as Damon gently pulled Elena away from Destiny and picked her body up, carrying her. "I am going to lock him up in the cellar of the boarding house. When he wakes up, I am going to grill him about Destiny and how he knows her." Stefan answered as Damon followed behind him slowly. Bonnie stayed back staring at the place Destiny's body had been.

Elena noticed and her voice made Stefan and Damon stop, realizing she wasn't following them. "Bonnie, what's wrong?" Elena asked. Bonnie bent down and touched the blood of Destiny that was still splattered on the ground. She gasped and Elena bent down to Bonnie's level. "Bon, what is it?" She repeated and Bonnie whispered, "It isn't over. Destiny isn't really dead. Bring her back to the Boarding House quickly!" Elena's eyes lightened with new hope. Destiny would be alive again. Elena grasped Bonnie's  hand and pulled her along so she was in front of Damon and Stefan.

"We need to hurry," Bonnie murmured and Elena glanced back at the brothers, knowing they had heard. They finally were out of the forest and back to the car. Stefan stuffed Klaus in the trunk while Damon placed Destiny in the back seat with Bonnie, Elena, and Caroline. Destiny was sprawled carelessly across their lap. "Damon," Elena hissed and he rolled his eyes. He obviously didn't care about the little Gilbert. Stefan got in the driver's seat while Damon got in the passenger. "Step on it," Bonnie ordered and Stefan exceeded the speed limits, getting to the Boarding House in record time.

Damon and Stefan got out, each carrying their body. Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie quickly got out and followed them. "Put Destiny in your room," Elena ordered Damon and he rolled his eyes again, but did what she said. Damon placed Destiny gently on the bed and all of the girls crowded around her. "Okay, what now, little witch?" Damon asked. Bonnie shot him a glare. "I need candles. I want to focus her energy to speed up the healing process, making her come awake sooner than usual." Damon stood there another minute or so before he left. "I have better things to do than watch you bring a girl back to life," He grumbled as he walked out.

Caroline left the retrieve the candles. "What did you see when you touched her blood?" Elena asked. Bonnie hesitated before answering. "I saw her die, but not this time. It was before she left town three years ago. There was a man, a vampire, who jerked her to him, draining her dry, but, after a few hours, she woke up and realized who was after her and ran, planning to leave this town for good." Elena opened her mouth in surprise and then shut it as Caroline came in, handing the candles to Bonnie.

"You ready?" Elena asked Bonnie and she nodded. "Place them around her body." Bonnie ordered and they did she she said. She started whispering an incantation and the candles lit, blowing up to almost three times their size. Destiny's body was twitching and convulsing. She started choking. "Bonnie, stop!" Elena  cried, but Bonnie didn't seem to hear her. She kept going. Caroline was shaking Bonnie. "Bonnie, stop it! You're killing her!" Caroline cried. Damon came in screaming, "What the hell is going on?" He flashed out of the room and flashed back with a bucket of water. He threw it over the candles.