Chapter 33: Senior Year

I laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling. My thoughts were scattered all over the place. My stomach flipped at the thought of what I had to do, the unthinkable. I have to kill Silas, the most powerful Immortal to have ever lived, not to mention the stupid twins wanting to kill me. And my powers are in full effect, so now I could be called into action at any time. I sighed, running a hand through my long, brown locks. God, I could die today, I thought miserably. 

I heard the clinking of pans downstairs, reminding me that Elena and Jeremy are probably already up. I glanced over at my clock, the glowing red numbers saying 6:45 am. Gotta get up sooner or later, I thought as I forced myself to rise out of bed and peel the covers off of me. Oh, and let's not forget my little friend Raphael. When did my life get so complicated?

I stripped down to my undergarments, standing in front of my black, full-length mirror that hung from the top of my door on a silver hook. I turned around, placing my fingers onto the tattoo that traveled from both arms to apex in the middle of my back. I frowned as the thorns and vines seemed to form a word, or maybe a phrase. I brought my hands to my side as I craned my neck to look down at the tattoo. 

Kill Silas.

That's what the vines formed. I gasped, stepping away from the mirror. I bit my lip and pulled my hair over to my back to obscure the tattoo. I went through my closet, grabbing some clothes. I slipped on the red skinny jeans and pulled the black tank top over my head. I slipped on a pair of black leather, fingerless gloves that had  silver studs on them, and my black leather combat boots. I pulled on a black cuff bracelet with silver studs, my black and silver wolf necklace that Klaus got for me, and my silver wolf earrings.

I applied my makeup and brushed my hair, pulling some of it back so half of it was up and half of it was down. Grabbing my white iphone, I slipped on my white leather jacket and headed out my bedroom door. "Why am I up so early?" I wondered aloud as I reached downstairs. "You have school, remember? It's your senior year, cuz!" Elena chirped from her position in front of the oven. I groaned. "I completely forgot about that. Is this school friendly?" She motioned me to turn.

"Yeah, you look amazing, as always. Have you seen Jer?" She said as she picked up her cofee, taking a sip of it just as Jeremy came bounding down the stairs. "Hey, Jer. Coffee?" He nodded, taking the steaming cup from Elena's hand. "El, can  I skip today?" She gave me a look as if to say, 'You're kidding me, right?' I groaned and checked the time on my phone. 7:50 am. My eyes widened. "Crap! El, Jer, you need a ride?" I stuffed my phone into my pocket and started towards the door. "I do!" Jeremy said as he started hurrying after me.

"I'll meet you there!" Elena called over to us. I nodded my head and flung the door open, running over to my red Ford Mustang. I unlocked it and unlocked the passenger side, climbing inside. Jeremy climbed inside. I sighed as I turned the key into the ignition and took off towards the school.

*skip car ride; fast forward to lunch*

I groaned as I sat down beside of Bonnie at the lunch table and leaned my head against the front of it. She chuckled. "What happened to you?" I sent her a playful glare. She only grinned. "School is a waste of time. I am never going to use this stuff in life. If  I have one anyway..." I mumbled the last part, praying she didn't hear me. "Destiny," I looked up. "We always find a loop hole. I am sure the spirits can help us. Why don't you come with me to the old house and ask for help?" I smiled and nodded, sitting up. "Aren't you going to eat?" Elena asked as she sat down on Bonnie's right, Caroline joining on Elena's left.

I shook my head. "Not hungry." I held my wolf necklace in my hand absentmindedly. Elena gave me a look. "I'm fine, Elena. You don't need to worry. And besides, that's not even what is bothering me the most, what you're all thinking of. It isn't what Qetsiyah said about Silas it's the fact that I am surrounded my hundreds of minds that are repeatedly crushing my skull." Rebekah sat down on my left with a tray of food that I knew she won't touch. 

"That's another reason I've always hated school," I added. "Here," Rebekah shoved her tray towards me. "Bekah, I'm not-" She gives me a look. "Eat." I sigh in defeat and lightly nibble on a slice of pizza. "You have any Advil, El? My head is pounding." She started to shake her head when Rebekah handed me a bottle. "Since when did you start carrying around human medicine?" I wondered aloud as I shook a couple of pills out of the bottle and took them with a water bottle she handed me.

"Since I learned you could die, which means that I am going to do everything in my power to keep my best friend alive." I smiled at her before eating more of the food. "Okay, so what are you guys planning on doing?" Caroline asked. "Well, Bonnie and I were planning on going to talk to the spirits after school." I shrugged my shoulders. "We'll come with," Elena, Caroline, and Rebekah all volunteered at the same time. 

"Wait, can you guys get along?" I asked, glancing at the trio. "Because I have been informed of the deep hatred between the three of you." Rebekah is the first to speak. "I will forgive and forget if Elena and Caroline do, on account of the potential threat on your death and all." I nodded, turning my attention to Caroline and Elena. I raised my eyebrows at the obvious tension. Caroline was the first to let out a breath and smile. "Okay."

I looked at Elena expectantly. The gears seemed to be  turning in her head. I sighed. "I'm waiting." She looked over at Rebekah. "I have nothing to feel sorry for." Bonnie raised her eyebrows in disbelief. "You stabbed her in the back," Caroline coughs. "Quite literally," Rebekah added. The tension leaved Elena's body as she said, "I'm sorry, Rebekah." I searched her eyes and found true sincerity there. "And I am sorry for everything I have done to hurt you," Rebekah told Elena. 

I couldn't help myself, I squealed and said, "Finally! All my girls are together and they don't hate each other!" They all laughed. I smiled.