Chapter 13: Mothers and their Spells

"Are you crazy?" Elena screeched.

"She just died and came back!" Bonnie yelled.

"She can't do it again!" Caroline piped in.

"You're lucky you are her mother or you would be dead," Rebekah hissed.

"Am I the only one who is getting what she is actually meaning?" A man with black hair and icy blue eyes said.

"Damon, what are you talking about?" Elena asked.

"What I think she means is she will put a spell on Destiny, a temporary one, that will protect her so that when she dies, she will come back."

"Is that true, witch?" Klaus asked Qetsiyah.

She smiled. "Well, not exactly, but I like that idea much better than the one I originally had." Qetsiyah said as she walked over to me, standing in front of me. "What were you planning on doing?" Bonnie asked. Qetsiyah placed her hands on my temples like Bonnie does when she looks into my mind. "I was going to spell her so she would be in a temporary sleep, which would last until her next life. I think I have a spell for making her come back, but I will need a few key ingredients." I sat down on the bed, growing tired of the situation. I laid down and focused on breathing in and out as it felt like something was suffocating me.

"What ingredients?" Elena asked. "I will need the blood of you and Katerina Petrova. I will also need the blood of a living relative of hers." Jeremy stood up and said, "I'll do it." Qetsiyah shook her head. "The Gilberts are not related to Destiny in any way." Elena shared a look with Jeremy. "Then what is her bloodline?"  I started breathing rapidly and I felt sweat running down the side of my face.

I looked over at everyone and saw that Bonnie was the only one that noticed my current state. She walked rapidly over to me and placed her hand over my forehead. She cried out in pain. Everyone looked over at us and she said, "She burned me!" Elena, Caroline, and Rebekah rushed over the bed. 

Rebekah took a hold of my hand, to feel my overall temperature and I gasped as I was pulled into another memory.

It was the year 1000. I was a girl named Fate Mishel. I was probably around sixteen or seventeen. Me and my best friend Rebekah Mikaelson were running because we were playing tag with her brother Kol. "Let's split up, Bekah!" I whispered and we ran off in different directions. As I back up, I ran into what felt like a wall. I turned around and found Niklaus smirking down at me. "What are you doing?" he asked playfully. "I am playing tag with Kol and Bekah." I replied and glanced behind and saw Kol. "Oh, I gotta run!" I said as I ran around him and into the woods.

Niklaus spun me around and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "Nik, let me go!" I yelled and laughed as he started tickling me on my stomach. "Tell me that I am the best person you have ever known!" he said and I gasped in relief as he stopped tickling me. "Niklaus Mikaelson, you are the best person I have ever known!" I said breathlessly and Klaus put me down. As I was about to take off running, I felt someone tap me and I spun around to see a laughing Kol. "You're it!" he yelled as he took off running. "Nik, you made me lose!" I said playfully as I took off running after Kol.

As I resurfaced from the memory, I saw everyone crowded around me, including my mother. "What was that?" Elena asked me. I shook my head. "I don't know. I think that it was a memory, but it was not my memory. It was the memory of a girl named Fate Mishel." Qetsiyah looked at me in surprise. (A/N: I am just going to call her Qetsiyah from now on; she doesn't really think of her as her mother anyways) "That was one of your past lives. You were Fate Mishel at one point." Suddenly Kol walked in with a photo album. "Brother, what is this?" Kol demanded as Klaus rose to his feet, snatching the photo album from Kol's grasp. 

Klaus looked at the photo that Kol pointed at. He slowly looked at me and handed it to me. I opened it up and looked at the photo. It was the girl, Fate, from my memory. "This is her. This is the girl from my memory." I stated. Elena placed her hand on my forehead. "Your temperature is back to normal." Elena said. 

"I don't understand why you are suddenly getting memories of one of your past lives..." Qetsiyah mumbled. I sat up and got off the bed, not wanting to be around all of these people I just met a couple of hours ago. I went over to my bay window and sat down. I looked over at the black guitar that was beside the window and I picked it up. I placed it on my lap and lightly strummed it. I tried to remember something, anything, but it felt as though something was blocking my memory.

I placed my fingers where I thought they should be on the guitar and started playing a tune that seemed familiar to me. I saw a little green book stuck in the guitar case. I picked it up and started thumbing looking through the pages. I stopped on a page and started reading it. I started playing the musical notes on there as if I already knew them and started singing. I laughed in delight as I finished it.

As I strummed the guitar absently, Ii was sucked into another memory.

"I'm leaving," I said as fast as I could to Elena. "You're what?" she asked, shocked. "I just...something happened to me, something you will never understand. I have to go. Now." I ran up the stairs and Elena started running after me as tears leaked from my eyes. Ii reached my bedroom and I rushed inside. I slammed my door shut as tears streamed down my face in rivulets. "Come on, Destiny! Open up!" Elena yelled through the door, pounding on it. I started to pack my bags. I threw all of my clothes in the bag and quickly threw my songbook in with that. I zipped it up and put my guitar in its case, zipping it up.

I leaned against my bay window, looking back at the door that Elena continued to pound on. "Goodbye," I whispered as I opened the window and jumped out of it. 

I awoke from my zombie-like state and held onto the guitar, almost dropping it. Bonnie looked at me strangely and then realization lit her eyes. Before I could comprehend what she was doing, she pressed her hand against my temple, looking into my memories. After a minute or so, she looked at me with sympathy. "What was the memory?" Elena asked and Bonnie hesitated before saying, "It was when she left." Elena's mouth opened in surprise and unshed tears appeared in her eyes.

"But I did learn something else useful." Elena looked at her in expectation. "Well?" She prompted. Bonnie sighed before saying, "Someone has a block on her mind, keeping her memories from surfacing. They are controlling the flow of the memories. I ma guessing the only person who could take the block off is the person who put it on, which is ironically Qetsiyah, her mother."