Chapter 32: The Story of Rozanna

"Qetsiyah," Bonnie whispered. Qetsiyah frowned slightly. "Well, actually, I prefer Tessa." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Klaus roll his eyes. I nearly laughed, but managed to hold it in. Klaus must have noticed because he smirked. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Hello, daughter," Qetsiyah greeted, moving closer. She was now right in front of me.
"What did you mean that it is a form of protection?" I asked, lacing one of my hands with Klaus's. He tightened his grip on my waist.
"The necklace? I gave it to my daughter, Rozanna, the first life you had, before I cast the spell."
"What spell?  What are you talking about?"
"What, you mean that you don't know."
I shook my head, reaching up to touch the stone. A picture of a girl with long, dark brown hair and ice blue eyes flashed across my eyes. 
"You may want to sit down for this."
I looked around me at the moist earth. "I'm good, thanks."
"Come to my cottage. It is just around the corner."

I hesitate before nodding and start to follow her retreating figure. Everyone else started following us. As we reach the end of a path, I see a small cottage where Qetsiyah is waiting for us. "Wait, Destiny?" I turn to the sound of Caroline's voice. "My mom will be worried about me if I don't go back. Can you create a portal or whatever?" I nod, focusing all of my energy into one thing and thrusting it forward. A blue wall is formed in front of Caroline. "Go on. Just say where you want to go and it will take you there." Caroline gave me a small smile before jumping through it. "Anyone else?" They all shook their heads. I nodded, allowing it to disappear after a few minutes of inactivity.

"So, we will begin?" Qetsiyah asked as me, Klaus, Bonnie, Elena, and Damon all sat on a couch across from her. I nodded. 

The Story of Rozanna

Rozanna was my only daughter. She inherited my powers of being a powerful witch. Her father was Silas, as you all know him, but not really. It was when he was mortal, obviously. He loved her, but still betrayed me, as you all know. Rozanna was one of the things he loved most in the world. Rozanna, or Roza, as everyone called her, was walking through the forest, looking for me, when she stumbled upon a bloody campsite. She ran into the tent and saw me poised over Amara's body. "Mother, what did you do?" she whispered. "Sweetheart, your father betrayed me with this woman."

Silas burst into that tent at that very moment. "Amara," he gasped in complete shock and sorrow. "Father, how could you?" Rozanna yelled. He noticed her and said, 'I loved her, Roza." Rrozanna slapped him across his very shocked face and ran to me. She hugged me and said, "I will do whatever you need me to so that he will suffer." I wrapped my arms around her and brought her out of the tent and into our own a few hundred feet down. 

"Are you sure, sweetheart?" I asked her. She nodded and that night we met up at a cave I had discovered when I was walking through the woods. No one knew about it, so it would be the perfect place to do it. I placed several candles in a circle with her in the middle of it. I lit the candles and pricked her thumb with a needle, using the blood to place it into a bowl along with several herbs. "We should start now," I said. She nodded.

"Do puellae unica filia restituere tibi stateram in natura. Auditis resurgit perdet eam et metempsychosis et Silam Existit facere in tempore suo. Et nunc pro omnibus vobis in aeternum." I chanted. Suddenly the candles went out and my only daughter fell to the ground, dead and lost to everyone's memories, forgotten.

Everyone gasped at the end of the story. "So, basically my one mission in life is to kill Silas. Is that why all of these powers are manifesting themselves?" I asked. Qetsiyah looked mildly alarmed. "Your powers are manifesting?" I nodded. "Then yes, that is what will happen. It is Fate. It's been Fate for thousands of years." I swallow through a lump in my throat. "And what happens after that?" Klaus pulled me into his side, sensing my rising discomfort and shock. 

"After that, you will become like my Rozanna was, dead." I opened my mouth in shock. "That can't just happen, right? I can't just die, Qetsiyah." She visibly flinched when I used her full name. "I'm sorry, but there are no loopholes unless you were to be turned into a vampire." I nodded, desperately trying to hold tears back. "Silas is on his way back to Mystic Falls now, so I suggest you get back there as soon as possible." I nodded. Klaus pulled me up with him. Bonnie and Elena's eyes were as wide as saucers and tears were threatening to fall. 

"Can you create a portal?" Klaus asked. I nodded, thrusting my hand out to allow my energy to flow out of it. The glowing blue wall appeared. "Ready?" I asked. They all nodded, reaching to grab a hold of my hands and shoulders. I sighed shakily before jumping into the blue surface.