Chapter 35: Rescue Mission

Three months later...

I crept outside the abandoned apartment building, praying to God that Quetsiyah and Bonnie were unharmed. Damon and Stefan would provide a distraction, a fracas, to keep their captors distracted while me and Rebekah rescued both women. The entire building smelled of must, dew, and something else I couldn't quite identify. It kept getting stronger and stronger as we moved forward...

"Bekah, do you smell that?" I whispered.

She nodded. "Blood. I can't identify how much it is, but I can tell you at least some of it is Bonnie's." I inwardly groaned as my rage started to make my vision red as blood. Not a good comparison. Not a good comparison at all. Damn it, Destiny, calm down! I thought as we finally arrived in front of a door with the strongest scent of blood. One, two, three, we mouthed to each other before kicking the door down.

Two men dressed in head-to-toe black jumped as we entered, Rebekah's fangs already out and piercing one of the men, Drake, I noticed. These twin bastards are going to get what's coming to them, I thought as my tattoo started to burn and my hands started to glow with a fire that Satan would be jealous of. Derek began backing away, his eyes as wide as saucers. Good, I smirked. "Hello, Derek." He gulped as I started advancing towards him. His back hit the tan, musty wall, trapping him.

With determination, I screamed out my rage and threw my balls of fire at him. Screaming, he stumbled around until the fire finally enveloped him completely, turning him into nothing but a pile of ash. "And goodbye Derek," I said, looking down at the grey ash. I looked over to Rebekah and saw her already starting to unchain Bonnie.

"You got her?" Rebekah gestured to Quetsiyah with a tilt of her head.

I nodded and rushed over there, wrapping my still blazing hands over the chains, instantly melting them. Allowing the fire to dissipate and disappear, I slung my arm around Quetsiyah's shoulders and started leading her put of the room behind Rebekah and Bonnie. "Rozanna?" Quetsiyah murmured. "Mom, I'm going to get you out of here," I whispered back as we lead them down the hallway and up the flight of stairs that lead from the basement up to what used to be the lobby of the apartments.

As I reached the top, someone grabbed me, inciting me to scream. "Shh, shh, its just me," Klaus whispered. I sagged in relief and leaned into him instinctively. Damon and Stefan came around the corner, both covered in blood. Damon grabbed Bonnie and Stefan grabbed Quetsiyah, taking them off our hands.

A ghost of a smile flitted across Klaus's face when he noticed me leaning into him. I yawned tiredly, exhausted from the late nights where I had been searching for the location of two of the most important people in my life. I had lived off of coffee and the occasional frozen meal. I still remembered the night Klaus got so tired of me looking half dead all the time...

I poured over the maps, trying to gain a feel of where the girls could possibly be. My hand shook as I lifted my cup up to my lips. "I'm tired of this!" Klaus yelled as he came down the stairs, scaring me so bad, I dropped the cup, spilling the steaming coffee all over myself and causing the cup to shatter on the linoleum floors. "Ow, ow, ow! Klaus! Look at what you made me do!"

I huffed as I retreated into the kitchen, trying to find a towel. I sighed, finding none. I turned, ran past Klaus, and bounded up the stairs. I walked into our room and stripped off my burgundy long-sleeved sweater. "I am serious, Destiny!" Klaus yelled. I flinched, turning slightly towards him. "Tired of what?" I questioned as I bent over, trying to find a T-shirt.

"I-um-" he stammered.

I looked up and saw him gazing lustily at my chest. "Oh for God's sake, " I swore, giving up on finding a shirt of my own and chose instead to grab Klaus's black T-shirt. I slipped it on and turned around.

"Tired of what?"

Seeming to regain himself, he said, "Destroying yourself will not make us find them sooner."

"I am not destroying myself."

"Yeah, you are."

"Well, this is all I have left. I can't give up on the people who never gave up on me!"

"This isn't giving up. Its waiting until we have a lead. I love you, Destiny, but I won't stand around and watch you wither away to nothing."

Klaus cradled my face in his palms and lowered his mouth to mine. Moaning into the kiss, he backed me down onto my bed. "Have I mentioned how incredibly sexy you look in my clothes?" He murmured. "Just shut up and kiss me," I mumbled onto his lips. Smirking, he tangled his hand in my hair and deepened the kiss...

I work up from my reverie to find !myself in Klaus's arms, being carried to his car. "What happened?" I mumbled as he sat in the driver's seat. "You were thinking. What were you thinking about?" My face flushed crimson as the memory danced across my eyelids once again. Smirking, he leaned over, preparing to kiss me, I guessed.

"The answer is yes," I quickly said. He quirked his head to the side in the most adorable way ever. I internally fanned myself. "I will give you a second chance."